AUL Backplate and Harness?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tractor Tom

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Are any of you guys familiar with an American Underwater Lighting (AUL) aluminum backplate?

I closed a deal last night on eBay for the AUL backplate with one piece webbing harness with D rings, and a Dive Rite Pocket for $79.00 plus shipping. This seems to be a better rig than my Sea Dog BC and more in line with the diving I'll be doing in the spring now that I have my drysuit.

I guess I should have asked before I bid on the rig, but it looked pretty good, and I decided if it wasn't what I wanted, I could always put it back on eBay and sell it again. Plus, the clock was tickin' and I kind of got caught up in the whole auction thing...

Notice I didn't mention any wings, as none are attached with this deal and I'll be looking for a good deal on those next. If any of you guys know of good wing prices, drop me a line...

Thanks,

AUL is fine. If you need to re-size the rig. Go to www.baue.org very good info on how to do that. With wings, you can keep checking Ebay or gue.com. They pop up. That is something that you may not be able to get a deal on.

Eric

so I can't vouch for the finishes. I make the stainless plates for AUL, they do their own Aluminum version.

Finish on ANY AL plate can be easily done with 100 grit sanding cloth strips. Power tools take too much off the plate too fast! It's the stainlees plates that can be a bit wierd to finish.

frankenmuth_tom,
If you need help on the harness please fell free to PM with your e-mail address, or simply e-mail me.

FT

The AUL plates are black. Does that mean that they have a powder coat? Can you finish a coated plate without sanding through the coat and creating exposed spots?

Back
Top Bottom