August 8 Seattle Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

iridiumjd

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
MY diving buddy and I are going to be in the Seattle area around August 8. We would like to do some diving. Anyone know of boat charters in the South end of Seattle/North end of Tacoma or shore dives in that area? Also anyone know of PADI shops that might have something going on that weekend?

Thanks,

Michael

This is a weekend of fairly large tidal exchanges in the middle of the day (8 feet in the morning, 10 in the afternoon, with lows about 1 pm). This lets out some of our premiere shore diving sites, because they are too current-sensitive. You could dive Redondo, which is in the south end, or Les Davis, which is in Tacoma. Both are pleasant sites (although I prefer Redondo at night). Or you could check with Bandito charters and see if they are running and where they might go. The Bandito boat is a very nice operation, and they will always find you someplace to dive -- and the big advantage is that our charters are generally live boat, so a drift dive on a current-filled day is a way to do sites you couldn't really do any other way.

For dive site information, check out Scuba Classes Portland Oregon Scuba Diving Lessons Vancouver Washington / Portland Oregon - Pacific NW Scuba Home (shore diving site directions and descriptions). You can also check out the dive site listing on Northwest Dive Club • Index page, which is also a good place to ask questions or find local dive buddies.

I'd offer to dive with you guys while you're here, but I'm off to Florida on the 8th! I hope you have a great time diving the Sound.

One of the dive shops sets up boat dives you can sign up for once or twice a month, and happen to have one August 9: Boat Fun Dives

It's a smaller boat (I think up to 8 divers) but the Captain is awesome and you get a good lunch out of it. Probably some of my best dives have been with them: KV Tower, West Seattle Reef, and Orchard Rocks.

So if you'd like, give them a call. The shop also has all rental gear and everything. It's basically just north of downtown Seattle, not sure if that's close enough for you.

If you're looking for a good shore site in Tacoma, Titlow Beach is awesome, but you need to time it right or you may get the fastest drift dive of your life.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom