August 8,9,10 Come Dive With Us!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Guba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Two organizations are sponsoring a great dive weekend (August 8,9, and 10) at Clear Springs Scuba Park, near Terrell, Tx that promises to be a lot of fun and a good chance to meet some new dive partners. Christian Divers of Oklahoma and Christian Divers of Texas are partnering to put together the event. While it officially starts on Friday evening, most of the events will be on Saturday, Aug 9. There will be a treasure hunt that features some great top prizes including an Oceanic Datamask (hoseless HUD) nitrox computer and a Blackbeard liveaboard cruise! Of course, there are many other terrific prizes as well. CDOO will be roasting a pig for the late afternoon barbecue meal, and CDOT will host breakfast on Sunday morning for those camping or coming in early for the last day of the event.
In addition, dive gear supplier Sherwood will be setting up their trailer of gear on Saturday so divers can try out their new line of regs and other BC's.
This is a great way to get in some fun and exciting dives, have a good time that includes food and fellowship, and meet some new friends. EVERYONE is welcome, so plan on coming on out to CSSP for the fun! Hope to see all you fellow Swampers there!
Bill

Bill,

Really wish I could be there. Have fun, and I am looking forward to hearing all about it!

Two organizations are sponsoring a great dive weekend (August 8,9, and 10) at Clear Springs Scuba Park, near Terrell, Tx that promises to be a lot of fun and a good chance to meet some new dive partners. Christian Divers of Oklahoma and Christian Divers of Texas are partnering to put together the event. While it officially starts on Friday evening, most of the events will be on Saturday, Aug 9. There will be a treasure hunt that features some great top prizes including an Oceanic Datamask (hoseless HUD) nitrox computer and a Blackbeard liveaboard cruise! Of course, there are many other terrific prizes as well. CDOO will be roasting a pig for the late afternoon barbecue meal, and CDOT will host breakfast on Sunday morning for those camping or coming in early for the last day of the event.
In addition, dive gear supplier Sherwood will be setting up their trailer of gear on Saturday so divers can try out their new line of regs and other BC's.
This is a great way to get in some fun and exciting dives, have a good time that includes food and fellowship, and meet some new friends. EVERYONE is welcome, so plan on coming on out to CSSP for the fun! Hope to see all you fellow Swampers there!
Bill

Wow this sounds like Fun. I have to do in-law commitments in Lake Jackson that weekend. Will try to get away in the mornings to check out Mammoth Lake.

Have a great time.

Shawn

Well cool beans!

My friend have been planning on driving down that Saturday morning, getting there around 10am. We were planning on coming down and tent camping Saturday night and doing a little more diving Sunday AM before driving back up to OKC.

I look forward to seeing folks down there.

You have a schedule of the weekends activities? We could leave a little earlier if you guys are going to be playing earlier.

thanks much look forward to diving with you.

ray

The schedule looks something like this:
We'll start signing up for the drawings and silent auction at 8:30, and there will be some classes beginning at 9 (I don't know what those classes will be, though). Lunch will be hamburgers and hot dogs from 11 to 1. Treasure hunt is at 1:30 with prizes awarded at 3, along with the drawings and results of the silent auction. Roast pig barbecue at 5.
Sherwood will be set up all day on Sat and Sun with their trailer and demos throughout the day. We're hoping to have a night dives starting at 7:30. Breakfast is at 8:30 Sunday morning, with fun dives continuing as long as you like.

Looking forward to seeing ya'll there!
Bill

Cool!
I think I am planning on being out yonder way. Hope to see y'all!

Bill,

We are planning on being there mid-afternoon Saturday (Gotta have b'fast with grandson in Plano first...) and will be sure to look you up. Is there a published silent auction list on-line... Maybe I need to bid by proxy on something...

Thanks

May just try and stop over if at the pond on Sat. the 9th. ,,,, Bill it sounds like you folks have invested a good amount of both time and resources to the event---best wishes! Alan

PS--I was curious were you folks will be set-up at the 'pond'??

Last edited:
I'll be out there. Couple of swamp diver groups I'm going to be trying to hook up with so no telling where I'll be. Look for the overweight red head wearing the DIMWIT t-shirt. Shouldn't be too many there that fit that description. :dork2:

Back
Top Bottom