August 4 - 2nd Annual Fiesta Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deborahdelamar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
It's been less than a year since the last one, which was a blast, so come over if you're on island.
Tuesday, August 4, 6-9pm

Featuring live music and entertainment and FREE BEER, all for an extremely low entrance fee: $5 USD or 70 pesos. Enjoy entertainment by Sonny Winters (Grant from No Name Bar), Chad (from Wet Wendy's) & the CBC Trio and more. Food and mixed drinks will also be available for purchase.

Last year's Fiesta was held the weekend before Thanksgiving -- an excellent time for a party -- I'm working on Cruz to host something. Weekend after T-giving is the Ironman.

Another subject, Dave: I bought cornmeal at Pacsadeli. Now, I'd love to get your cornbread recipe!

1 cup Yellow Corn Meal
1 cup all purpose flour
2-4 tablespoons sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1 egg
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup shredded cheese
1 cup shredded zuchini, squeezed dry

Preheat oven to 425°F.
In a large bowl, combine corn meal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.

Add milk,cheese,zuchinni,egg and oil. Beat until fairly smooth, about 1 minute.

Bake in a buttered or sprayed 8 inch square baking pan 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

Thank you!!! What a treat! Didn't think to enrich with cheese -- added some heavy cream to the milk (no buttermilk in Coz) and frozen corn kernels. Texture a bit dry -- tasted OK but not as rich as yours. Give me butter or give me death...

:drunks:Yipppee. I'll be there! Sounds like fun. I'll drag along two other divers that are staying with me. Sounds like fun! BTW, I love Pascadeli! I was so happy when someone told me about that place last year! mmmm

If you like zuccini, my wife makes a chocolate zucchini cake that is really good. Cooking with zucchini is one of the few redeeming things from the Ozarks. Poke salad, that is another matter entirely.

They have been telling me about this. Maybe we can meet in person in stead of virtually! :)

It's been less than a year since the last one, which was a blast, so come over if you're on island.
Tuesday, August 4, 6-9pm

Featuring live music and entertainment and FREE BEER, all for an extremely low entrance fee: $5 USD or 70 pesos. Enjoy entertainment by Sonny Winters (Grant from No Name Bar), Chad (from Wet Wendy's) & the CBC Trio and more. Food and mixed drinks will also be available for purchase.

Hi, Karen.
I'd like that very much but I may not make it back home in time to go. I'm in the US without a return ticket and air fares are crazy high right now. Will keep working on it...
Hope you go & have a great time. Salud!
-Deb

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom