August 11th Urchin Dive Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eric Sedletzky

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
We broke an all time record on Sunday.
16 divers total including one freediver, we landed 1,638 lbs. of purple urchins. We had a large shore support group, thank you!
Our divers did a fantastic job!
Scott, the tri tip was awesome!! Hands down best I’ve ever had!
Here are a few stills and videos of the day.
U/W videos courtesy of Bob Erlach, and topside videos and stills courtesy of Joshua Asel.
IMG_0337.jpeg

Nice footage Eric! Glad to see y'all have really made a thing out of this. I'd like to come join in one of these days. Cheers.

With all those people you're a folk band away from a festival

Nice footage Eric! Glad to see y'all have really made a thing out of this. I'd like to come join in one of these days. Cheers.
PM me and I can put you on the text alert list if you want.
Other relevant info will be posted here or you can read the stickies to get an idea of what you’ll need.

Thanks. It's currently crunch time for me at work, so I'm not gonna be able to go to one for a couple of months. Are y'all out there in the winter too, or just the summer?

Thanks. It's currently crunch time for me at work, so I'm not gonna be able to go to one for a couple of months. Are y'all out there in the winter too, or just the summer?
We’re out there year around. If a dive gets blown out we just keep pushing it forward one week until it happens, then we keep planning them weekly.
If you have any more questions about gear etc. please let me know. Most of us use wetsuits because it can be high contact diving. A lot of it is in and around structure with surge so you will get thrown around. We are working pretty shallow 5’ - 15’ right now so it can be surgy.
Later when the shallows are cleared we will move out to deeper water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom