AUGGHHHHH! You TURKEYS!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick Inman

Advisor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
It's the day after Thanksgiving, and here I am at work (if you call what I do "work", which I love, BTW), and many of you are out diving right now. I know it, 'cause I heard some of you making plans, you turkeys! I guess my dive under the docks tomorrow will be it for the Thanksgiving weekend.
So what about you all? Where did you dive over the Thanksgiving weekend and how was it?

Rick Inman:
It's the day after Thanksgiving, and here I am at work (if you call what I do "work", which I love, BTW), and many of you are out diving right now. I know it, 'cause I herd some of you making plans, you turkeys! I guess my dive under the docks tomorrow will be it for the Thanksgiving weekend.
So what about you all? Where did you dive over the Thanksgiving weekend and how was it?

Hi Rick,

I'm sorry to hear that you have to work today. We skipped out on Turkey Dinner yesterday and did a nice long (77 minutes) dive at Les Davis Marine Park in Tacoma. Viz was about 25' (although there is a lot of silt coming out of the Puyallup river due to all the rain we've been having).

The Decorated Warbonnets were out and very cooperative. Lots of Sailfin Sculpins, and almost every beer bottle we came across had a little baby Octopus poking it's head out or a pair of crescent gunnels.

Very nice dive, and of course, we had the place to ourselves.... :wink:

boydski:
Hi Rick,

I'm sorry to hear that you have to work today. We skipped out on Turkey Dinner yesterday and did a nice long (77 minutes) dive at Les Davis Marine Park in Tacoma. Viz was about 25' (although there is a lot of silt coming out of the Puyallup river due to all the rain we've been having).

The Decorated Warbonnets were out and very cooperative. Lots of Sailfin Sculpins, and almost every beer bottle we came across had a little baby Octopus poking it's head out or a pair of crescent gunnels.

Very nice dive, and of course, we had the place to ourselves.... :wink:
Nice pics!!

Loved those pics! Little Pue needs to get her ears wet. I need a drysuit......anyone care to make a charitable contribution?

Sorry to hear you had to work Rick, that is just wrong!!!!!!

Skipped the whole turkey thing as well.

Thursday Early morning at Cove 2, had my first ever loop flood, that was interesting for sure. Soda Lime really tastes bad, not all like turkey!!!!

Friday Les Davis viz was so so (15-20)

Saturday Cove1 or Cove 2 or maybe both

Sunday Looks like Les Davis with PuckVirus. :11ztongue

pennypue:
Loved those pics! Little Pue needs to get her ears wet. I need a drysuit......anyone care to make a charitable contribution?
If you're ever out this way and you're about 6' tall, you can borrow my backup drysuit. Unless my main one gets broken somehow... :wink:

NWGratefulDiver, Uncle Pug, overexposed2x, Quarrior, Bones and myself went out on oe2x's RIB today and hit the Posession Point fingers and the Posession Point ferry. I've never done either of those dive sites so I was really looking forward to the dives.

Vis was about 15' tops due to the river runoff from the rain this week, but I really enjoyed the first dive. The structure was very nice, lots of ling and rockfish. 56 minutes of bottom time 101 fsw max depth and 57 fsw average depth. There was a lot of fresh water on the surface, making our 10' stop pretty cold.

After trying to warm up by drinking hot chocolate and eating some sandwiches we headed over to try and find the ferry. Well... let's just say that we missed. Chased Uncle Pug around for about 40 minutes (we are going to find that ferry, darnit!), saw a pretty big octopus under some riprap and again lots of ling and rockfish. 60 minutes, 79 fsw max and 58 fsw average.

I look forward to diving both sites again, and hopefully actually diving the ferry next time! In all honesty, the dive is still nice with lots of riprap structure, so you get a good dive either way.

Jimmie

kalvyn:
If you're ever out this way and you're about 6' tall, you can borrow my backup drysuit. Unless my main one gets broken somehow... :wink:

NWGratefulDiver, Uncle Pug, overexposed2x, Quarrior, Bones and myself went out on oe2x's RIB today and hit the Posession Point fingers and the Posession Point ferry. I've never done either of those dive sites so I was really looking forward to the dives.

Vis was about 15' tops due to the river runoff from the rain this week, but I really enjoyed the first dive. The structure was very nice, lots of ling and rockfish. 56 minutes of bottom time 101 fsw max depth and 57 fsw average depth. There was a lot of fresh water on the surface, making our 10' stop pretty cold.

After trying to warm up by drinking hot chocolate and eating some sandwiches we headed over to try and find the ferry. Well... let's just say that we missed. Chased Uncle Pug around for about 40 minutes (we are going to find that ferry, darnit!), saw a pretty big octopus under some riprap and again lots of ling and rockfish. 60 minutes, 79 fsw max and 58 fsw average.

I look forward to diving both sites again, and hopefully actually diving the ferry next time! In all honesty, the dive is still nice with lots of riprap structure, so you get a good dive either way.

Jimmie
Turkeys...
No leaks in OX2's suit???? :eyebrow:

Rick Inman:
Turkeys...
No leaks in OX2's suit???? :eyebrow:
Nope, he reported that he was bone dry. NWGratefulDiver on the ther hand.... not too dry.

Jimmie

Yup, suit got fixed, but it looks like my can light flooded again! If it's not one thing it's three!

Bob reported to us all that he did a dive to 168' at Edmonds Underwater Park on Thanksgiving. I accused him of ingesting to much tryptophan - you know the sleepy turkey thing or digging a bit too deep for goeyducks. Not the case - computer malfunction.

Rick there is only one true cure for your problem - pack up and move to this side of the hill. Hey maybe you'll find some of those big Alaskan Lobsters :wink:

OE2X:
Yup, suit got fixed, but it looks like my can light flooded again! If it's not one thing it's three!

Bob reported to us all that he did a dive to 168' at Edmonds Underwater Park on Thanksgiving. I accused him of ingesting to much tryptophan - you know the sleepy turkey thing or digging a bit too deep for goeyducks. Not the case - computer malfunction.

Rick there is only one true cure for your problem - pack up and move to this side of the hill. Hey maybe you'll find some of those big Alaskan Lobsters :wink:

Actually, it was 161 feet ... everyone knows you can't hit 168 at Edmonds Underwater Park ... :wink:

Not only did my computer Byte the Big Turkey yesterday, but I split a wrist seal (luckily, taking it off after the second dive) ... so I had to wear Old Leaky today. Poor thing was a nice drysuit in its day, but after 750+ dives, it's got a few thin spots.

Ended up buying a new computer tonight (Suunto Vytec), which I'll be taking out for its maiden voyage tomorrow at Three Tree. Guys, remember that 21st St. is blocked ... you have to come in from the south (follow direx for Three Tree South in Northwest Shore Dives, and just keep going).

See y'all tomorrow ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom