AUE South Florida wreck weekend in March

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aue-mike

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all-

We are putting together a full suite of activities off South Florida for those interested in wreck diving March 4-7. These activities are not catering strictly to technical divers, as there are recreational diving opportunities as well. This will also give an opportunity for those wanting to do some of the deeper dives with us this later this summer to come on out and do a laid-back meet-and-greet dive.

The weekend starts out on the evening of Thursday, March 4. I am working to put together an AUE wreck presentation at the Ft. Lauderdale library (Bienes Center) in downtown Ft. Lauderdale at approximately 7PM. The presentation will discuss Florida shipwrecks in general, and then will focus on a few of my favorite wrecks. It may also include some interesting news about a couple projects we are working on between now and then (if the weather treats us well). If we change the venue, I will let everyone know in advance. Books and other paraphernalia will be available afterwards, and I imagine we will wander over to the Downtowner Saloon for a social and book signing following the presentation.

Diving kicks off Friday night (weather dependant) with a nocturnal visit to the wreck of the HYDRO ATLANTIC (170fsw).

Saturday morning we will be conducting a dive on the LOWRANCE (200fsw) or HYDRO ATLANTIC (170fsw).

Saturday afternoon we will be doing a recreational wreck dive on the JIM ATRIA (110fsw) or CAPTAIN DAN (110fsw).

Saturday evening at 9PM we will be having a cookout and social at the Citelli compound. We will showing videos from our past dives, including the ULTRAMARINE compilation video. Also, we would be happy to talk about upcoming dives and answer any questions about gear rigging, technical diving protocol, etc.

Sunday morning we will tentatively be conducting a dive to the CRUZ DEL SUR (240fsw).

Sunday afternoon we will be diving either the JIM ATRIA or CAPTAIN DAN (whichever one we didn't do the day before).

If you are interested in any of the dives, please e-mail me (barney00@tampabay.rr.com) to be added to the roster. I believe the dives will run $65. We are working these dives through Brownie's Southport, and should there be enough interest, we already have a second boat (a nice comfy Newton) on standby.

We hope you will join us at the Thursday night presentation, and for some of the diving fun during the course of this March weekend.

Back
Top Bottom