Audio needed for my DVD Slideshow

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Offroad

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm putting together a DVD of a recent vacation with both video and still slideshows. The program I'm trying (TMPGEnc XPress) will let you add an audio tracks for your slideshows.

I downloaded a diving video sometime back that had some soothing guitar music that was nice but I'm not sure where to go to find such an audio track. Most of the CD's I have are the classic rock variety and not quite what I want for the slideshows.

Any suggestions for where to get a variety of audio and tools I may need to get the audio into the proper format for adding to the DVD is appreciated.

Thanks.

I tend to surf iTunes, Sound Tracks, Original Scores to find stuff. Also can sometimes find stuff in the New Age area of iTunes. Some slide shows at our site for examples.

What if you were making DVD's for sale? obviously you can't just use any music, unless you want to pay royalties.

Is there an "open market" music source out there or is there something available for use without having to pay royalties?

mjh:
I tend to surf iTunes, Sound Tracks, Original Scores to find stuff. Also can sometimes find stuff in the New Age area of iTunes. Some slide shows at our site for examples.
I've never used iTunes, do you install the software then browse? Is the music your talking about free or do you pay by the song?

sharky60:
What if you were making DVD's for sale? obviously you can't just use any music, unless you want to pay royalties.

Is there an "open market" music source out there or is there something available for use without having to pay royalties?
Anything I make will only be played for friends and family and not sold but ideally free is what I'm looking for.

iTunes is a free download but songs are $.99 to buy. My only complaint is you can't always hear enough of the song before they cut of the sample for you to hear.

I like The Barefootman's Scuba Doo CD. A lot of the songs on the CD are comical lyrics but he also has some really nice songs - Planet Ocean for one is a great song, especially for diving shows. Others that are good on the CD are: Lady Of The Sea, Water, and The Finish.

Just my opinion (and taste) but you might want to check it out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom