Auction outcome?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

.. And since they still hold the patents, they can start production again once the auction is finished.

No chance anybody will produce a competing product out of the Uemis-remains, since they this would be a copyright infringement....

Considering this information it is obvious they pretty much screwed the customers. I don't see that owners would do any significant business in diving community with attitude towards (former) customers like that. I for sure know that I wouldn't do the business with them anymore.

Reactions: reo
I totally agree. I'll never do business with them again. I'm left with an expensive dive computer with no hope of support. I just hope it lasts for a few more years so I can get some use out of it. When it dies, I'll go with Shearwater, Liquivision, or some other REPUTABLE company.

I applaud those on this board who have taken the time and effort to develop a way to extract the information out of these computers, and prolong their life with battery replacement.

If the former owners of the UEMIS company are reading this board, please explain why the IP was kept separate from the company. If the IP was transferred just before declaring bankruptcy, isn't illegal? If not illegal, it was certainly unethical. I feel that we as customers deserve better.

Ron

hmmm... as far as I can see in the official e-mail from M. Greminger, there are a lot of patents for sell as well (attachment). You can even buy the websites and the data servers with the UserHomeFolders from all the employees... when that is not IP, what is it then?

I emailed them and got a list that did not show any patents at all, that was early in the process. I wonder if it changed?
hmmm... as far as I can see in the official e-mail from M. Greminger, there are a lot of patents for sell as well (attachment). You can even buy the websites and the data servers with the UserHomeFolders from all the employees... when that is not IP, what is it then?

@cerich
If you want I can send you the e-mail I have...

^ Or post it here, so people can see for themselves. It is nothing secret after all, no?

Okay, here's the email with the attachments at the end (yes, it's in german):

Sehr geehrte Damen und Herren

Sie haben bezüglich der im Konkurs über die Uemis AG, Zürichstrasse 110b, 8134 Adliswil, zu verkaufenden Aktiven, Ihr Interesse bei uns angemeldet.
Wir senden Ihnen daher beigefügt, die Zusammenstellung der „en bloc“ zu verkaufenden Aktiven, sowie die darin erwähnten Beilagen. Sämtliche bereits heute feststehenden Übernahmekonditionen gehen daraus hervor.
Hiermit fordern wir Sie auf, uns innert den nächsten 14 Tagen, Ihr einmaliges höchstes Angebot abzugeben. Wir stellen hiermit ausdrücklich fest, dass es sich dabei nicht, um eine Versteigerung handelt und Sie keine zweite Möglichkeit erhalten werden, ein höheres Angebot abzugeben (vorbehalten bleibt Ziffer 5 der weiteren Bestimmungen der Zusammenstellung). Ihre Offerte hat in deutscher Sprache zu erfolgen und ist in Schweizer Währung (CHF) abzugeben. Das Angebot ist vorbehaltlos einzureichen.

Angebote, welche den vorstehenden Kriterien nicht entsprechen werden nicht berücksichtigt. Insbesondere ist den Bemerkungen zu Ziffer 1 und 4 der Zusammenstellung Rechnung zu tragen.

Thalwil, 11.01.2012

Anita Greminger, Notariatsekretärin mbA UP
KONKURSAMT THALWIL
Gotthardstrasse 20/22
8800 Thalwil
Schweiz

Inventory files:
View attachment Zusammenstellung der zu verkaufenden Aktiven.doc
View attachment 113377
View attachment 113378

Btw althought I used google translation for the word file, it seems like some patents are for sale except one belonging to Uwatec .

Nr. 10 2007 047 133.7 => Housing for dive computer
Nr. 10 2007 047 144.2 => Display device for dive computer
Nr. 10 2007 047 130.2 => Dive computer for multiple users
Nr. 10 2007 047 143.4 => Device for analyzing a dive

It does not seem to be some terribly exciting patents...

Thank you for posting the documents...
The patents listed by Scubacastor are pledged, therefore a potential buyer has to bid separately for these four patents. The other twelve are available "en bloc"...

... and the Uemis company is holding a license from UWATEC for a "mobile breathing apparatus" (???). This license cannot be taken over automatically.

Back
Top Bottom