ATX50 question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JKSteger

D/M Wannabee ! ! !
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm looking at ordering an Apex ATX50 2nd stage to use as my primary reg and move my Scubapro G250 down to be my backup.

The website I saw the ATX50 listed on sell the 2nd stage only...(no hose), etc.

My question: Do I need to buy any "special" adapter so that I can use the ATX50 on my 5' primary hose? I currently have a ScubaPro G250 connected to it.

I will be using this with a ScubaPro MK20 1st stage. Anything I should consider or "watch out" for?

Thanks in advance,
Jeremy

Always talk to a certified technician when considering attaching one brand 1st stage to another brand 2nd. Talk to people who've done it, and dived with it. See what they say. Also, you might as well buy a new 5' hose; make sure it's rated at 400lbs, they don't cost much. The old 5' can be kept in your save-a-dive kit.

No, you don't need any additional stuff. 1/2 or 3/8 are about the 1st stage port, not 2nd stage. You can use the current 5 ft hose without any troubles. Whether you can mix the brand is another issue to be discussed in other thread. It has been already covered here. You can use it after adjusting the stage.

i have an ATX50, it's a great reg, you'll enjoy it very much if it breathes off
the Scubapro first stage as well as mine does off a DS4

H2Andy:
i have an ATX50, it's a great reg, you'll enjoy it very much if it breathes off
the Scubapro first stage as well as mine does off a DS4

Come on Andy,

What are you trying to say from your avatar? You want to see my previous art sculpture you deleted again.:wink:

my avatar says:

resistance is futile! you will soon be my minion!

(hey, naked chicks on your avatar is a no-no!)

:wink:

My reply is

To see his face on my favorite scuba forum is disgusting. I hope he will be executed by a firing squad ASAP to save many innocent people in N. Korea.

ah well, if you think the avatar is inapropriate, feel free to contact the Staff
for a ruling

i got this pic from the Team America movie... quite funny =)

H2Andy:
ah well, if you think the avatar is inapropriate, feel free to contact the Staff
for a ruling

i got this pic from the Team America movie... quite funny =)

Andy... No that' fine... I just have my anger against him. You aren't only one who use it as an avatar. Packman did it before.... :wink:

BTW, you are a staff, aren't you? LOL~~~~

P.S. Sorry for hijacking the thread.....:D

Back
Top Bottom