ATX 200 overhaul question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i have had first stages right out of the box that have had to be overhauled. when the IP keeps creeping up, its the HP seat thats not sealing. it does result in a freeflow after awhile....i service all my regs every year and when they are serviced. you must use an over haul kit in them. as for worring about how they work in the future.. if they were serviced properly then the service tech would have left them on a tank over night so he could check to see if the IP was creeping and to get everything seated.

jhspb once bubbled...

The kit # i think was mot APO277 but APO227

J

Ok, Ive been looking for that part number and I cant find it. That is not an Apeks part number. I dont know what that is. the first stage kit should have been AP 0241/AA.

The HP valve part number is: AAP1419.

I am really confused now... Trying to find that for a while.

According to a Seaquest service & repair manual for their Apeks regs, that part # (APO0227) is the service kit for the DST and DS4. Problem may be a difference in part # used by the Apeks manufacturer and the Seaquest distributor in the US.

I believe what your LDS did is fairly typical and acceptable for warrenty service. Especially if annual replacement of parts is not required.

Good idea.

There's diagrams and a section from our book that talks about homebuilt IP gauges, at:
http://www.airspeedpress.com/regread.html

Creep is funny stuff. You really have to know just what kind of creep it is, to know how serious it is. Some reg manufacturers don't want any creep at all, others allow a bit on used regs but not on freshly rebuilt ones, and others creep all the time. A Mares rep was just telling me how the old white seats didn't creep at all but the new black ones routinely do (or was it the other way around?). And then LDSs vary a great deal in how seriously they take creep. So its nice to have your own IP gauge, so you can know first hand whats happening.

awap once bubbled...
jhspb once bubbled...

Homemade IP guage can be slapped together for around 15 to 25 dollars. LP hose adapter from leisurepro. Auto compression guage (0-300psi) works well or one of those $5.00 water pressure guages (0-200psi) from home depot will do the trick.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom