ATX-200 Long Hose Routing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dr_shappero

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am switching to a long hose setup soon and I was wondering how others with this same reg routed their 2nd stage hoses. The closest one to the divers head (front) is 1/2" rather than 3/8". My logic tells me to use the 1/2" port for the bungeed backup and use the "rear" 3/8" for the long hose. This makes sense as it seems like the hoses would be out of each others way in this case. The short hose in the front port goes straight around the head and the long hose goes down the side. I'm not sure if anyone is still following at this point, but the other way I imagine the hoses would cross each other, which can't be good. Anyone else use this reg/long hose setup and have done it this way with good/bad results? Another solution would be to get an adapter to go into the port before the hoses. This was I could use standard hoses for both lengths, perhaps this is the real answer. Thoughts?

Thanks for the help!

-Keith

I am routing my short hose/bungied backup from the 1/2" port and my long hose from the “rear” 3/8" port—this works fine. Have been using this setup on my ATX200 for several years now with no problems. Am not using an adaptor; I have a custom 24" long (normal length is 22") 1/2" hose for my backup 2nd stage.

I agree that you should avoid crossing the hose—this would only happen if the long hose was on the “front” 1/2" port.

dr_shappero:
I am switching to a long hose setup soon and I was wondering how others with this same reg routed their 2nd stage hoses. The closest one to the divers head (front) is 1/2" rather than 3/8". My logic tells me to use the 1/2" port for the bungeed backup and use the "rear" 3/8" for the long hose. This makes sense as it seems like the hoses would be out of each others way in this case. The short hose in the front port goes straight around the head and the long hose goes down the side. I'm not sure if anyone is still following at this point, but the other way I imagine the hoses would cross each other, which can't be good. Anyone else use this reg/long hose setup and have done it this way with good/bad results? Another solution would be to get an adapter to go into the port before the hoses. This was I could use standard hoses for both lengths, perhaps this is the real answer. Thoughts?

Thanks for the help!

-Keith

Suppose you are using only one 1st stage, so put the long hose to other side of the 1st stage than the short hose (directed to left when wearing the setup) and outside the inflator hose.

I use an adaptor, and a 7' hose with usual routing down my right side, and my occto is run off the other side with the inflator hose, and clipped off on the left shoulder

dr_shappero:

Thanks for the help!

-Keith

I use a long hose on my ATX200, but now have it configured for doubles. When I was diving single, I got a 7' hose with a 1/2 connection and used the port beside it for the bungied backup. Crossed hoses were not a problem. I have heard of divers turning the first stage upside down to get two 3/8" ports on the right side. There are also 1/2" to 3/8" adapters available.

The 1/2 port is supposed to be the primary because theoretically, it can deliver more gas. A lot of folks (me included) think thats a solution to a problem that didn't exist. I still use the 7' on the 1/2 port (because I have it), I carry a 1/2 port plug in case I need to replace the hose in the field and there are no 1/2 hoses available. The hose routing for doubles works very cleanly with the first stage turned on it's side.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom