ATTN: Those with motorbikes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JeffG:
Oh...and take a motorcycle safety course.

yes, absolutely... excellent suggestion

Well the course was the #1 thing on my list (even before helmet and such). I technically know how to ride a bike sine I have played with my buddies dirt bike, BUT I do not feel I have the knowledge to do the same on the street. Have been driving cars for quite a number of years but I am sure that bikes and their proportion/handling on the streets are totally different that I NEED to learn. The added bonus is the first of the written/road test that you get at the end of the course. ON has introduced graduated licensing for M licenses (as well as G) so this is a nice step.

And Jeff - "DIR for motorcycles" -- let's not even bring that up here, ok? :shakehead

Tamas:
And Jeff - "DIR for motorcycles" -- let's not even bring that up here, ok? :shakehead
I thought you would like that :wink:

Tamas:
Indeed! I loved it.:1poke:
LOL...BTW, My brother thought it would be a great starter bike. He said you will need long legs because it rides quite high.

i just bought this bike, it is one of many that i have owned, 06 gsxf750 katana, i really like it, but what ever you decide to buy , enjoy yourself and ride careful, and have fun. just thought id chime in and say hello!!!
2006models-Suzuki-KatanaGSX750Fp.jpg

JeffG:
Oh...and take a motorcycle safety course.

In Edmonton, there are two groups doing it and at the end of the course you do the driving portion of the motorcycle road test.

Best money I spent, except maybe the DIR-f class I took :wink:

(Lets call it DIR for motorcycles :wink: )
If it's the CSC course that you're talking about, than it's rather the PADI weekend course equivalent for motorcycles. I took it myself 3 weeks ago.
I'd rather consider this course to be the DIR-F for motorcycles... :D

I'm looking into this one... Anyone any experience with Suzuki cruiser?
21395_0_1_4_boulevard%20s50_Image%20credits%20-%20Suzuki.jpg

I'd hardly consider a 650 cc bike that do zero to sixty in under five seconds and a 13 second quarter a "starter" bike. But then, maybe I'm old fashioned.

Back
Top Bottom