Attn Aquarena Springs divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RumBum

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My husband just called Aquarena to set up a dive date and discovered that Bridget is no longer the contact for diving Spring Lake. So if you have been waiting for an email from her, you will never get one. The person to contact is Heather Fisher: divingforscience@txstate.edu
(this may be old news, but it was new to me)

sent an email to the Sci Diver distribution list recently announcing her situation and the change of contact.

E-Mail From Bridget 1-12-2006:

Bridget Lewin:
Hello Team,

There are some changes to our program.

First of all there is a new e-mail address: divingforscience@txstate.edu

Please make note of this change in your address book. All requests for diving, thoughts and concerns should be sent to this account.

Second of all, I am starting my graduate research this semester which will keep me very busy along with my classes.
Heather Fisher will be taking over my office duties, Austin Dykes will be taking over checking open water divers and volunteer divers in and Eric Peterson is in charge of all open water bookings.

I have truly enjoyed running this program and working with you all. Aquarena is a place I will always hold very near and dear to my heart.
I hope to see you around as it will be hard to keep me away!! I will still be involved with teaching the Diving for Science classes and volunteering in beautiful Spring Lake.
My e-mail will not change if you want to keep in touch.

Submersibly yours,
Bridget Lewin

When I was there a week ago, Ethan said Heather is in on Tuesdays and Thursdays to answer e-mails for approval, keep that in mind when making you reservations.

I got the same e-mail from Bridget that Jay got, on the same date.

Hey Jay, if my back is a lot better by then, I'd like to do the spring break gig with you again this year. Do you know offhand when it will be?

E-Mail From Bridget 1-12-2006:
There are some changes to our program. ... First of all there is a new e-mail address: divingforscience@txstate.edu
I have been planning to take the course. I sent an email on 1-13 asking about upcoming classes, the website still showed the next class as last December. No response, but soon I noticed the info was updated on the website.

Have there been other changes in the program? I was reading the website last week and it seemed that it was a bit different than before, but I dont have a copy of the previous, so I may be wrong.

Thanks,

Willie

What was the viz ?? LOL!

richerso:
What was the viz ?? LOL!

The viz at Spring Lake is the same as it always is -- FOREVER!! :D

Ucoming dates are Feb 11/12 and 25/26, Mar 4/5, 11/12 and 25/26. A Big group from the City of Houston Underwater Mariners Club (CHUM) is in for the March 11/12 Weekend. I will probably be out that weekend for some diving as well. Of course I live 5 min away so if anyone is interested in diving the lake let me know and I'll be up for it. Also if anyone is in the area and needs something let me know by PM and I'll see what I can do.

I guess me and my husband are not on the email distribution list. We'll mention it this weekend that we need to be added to it.

I have used the new system with Heather a few times and it works well. She does request at least 72 hours notice. Of course with her working Tuesdays-Thursdays we pretty much have too. I'll be volunteering down there next Thursday with a dive buddy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom