ATTENTION UW PHOTOGRAPHERS:

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This needs a letter campaign, etc. to government and tourism offices from Mexico City all the way down the penisula and to every operator and liveaboard company.

I was looking for someone to talk to at DEMA but nobody from the Mexican Tourism or BCS Tourism office was there. Only a couple of operators.

This needs a letter campaign, etc. to government and tourism offices from Mexico City all the way down the penisula and to every operator and liveaboard company.
Letters hung from bridge / overpass railings?

Kind of like a shakedown? ie extortion and corruption?
Let’s not put words that weren’t said where they might belong. I’m sure a less pejorative term might be self initiated judicial beneficence on behalf of the state administration.

I was looking for someone to talk to at DEMA but nobody from the Mexican Tourism or BCS Tourism office was there. Only a couple of operators.

Did you speak to the operators about it Get their opinions on options, ideas?

Yikes. I'm looking hard at going down to Cabo for makos and blues in March; sounds like the sharks in the water will be the least of my concerns. I shoot a TG-5 with a Nauticam housing, strobes, and a wet lens.

You are required to pay a 16% fee on the total value of all your personal items over $500 in Mexico. Cabo & La Paz are enforcing this law whether you enter by plane, boat, or land.

Click the link and read the Mexican law being enforced on tourists below:

Portal de Servicios de Aduanas

Back to the topic at hand...

I was invited on a trip to Cabo Pulmo early next year and was going to put it together with Socorro. Not going to happen now. Will not dive in Mexico until this is resolved. Is there a tax for taking photos of hills, food or anything else above water. Why is underwater any different other than it requires a housing.

Plenty of places to dive. Off the list...

You are required to pay a 16% fee on the total value of all your personal items over $500 in Mexico. Cabo & La Paz are enforcing this law whether you enter by plane, boat, or land.

Click the link and read the Mexican law being enforced on tourists below:
Portal de Servicios de Aduanas

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom