Attention Oregon Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bmcsteve

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello there,

I am trying to compile a list of available shore dives in Oregon. I am asking you folks to send me any info you may have on any and all shore dives including lakes and rivers that you know of here in our state. Things such as reviews, site maps, EAP info, best times to dive, and really anything else about the site would be helpful.

Thanks,

Steve

P.S. I am posting this on a couple message boards, so you may see it elsewhere.

If you haven't already found it, you can start with Scuba Shore Diving Site Listing for: Oregon, USA West

The few that I've been to that aren't on that site are Big Cliff and Clear Lake

The dive site at Big Cliff is just below Detroit dam. If the Corp is stilling water at Detroit, you do the drift dive from just below the dam to the about the boat ramp. If there isn't a current, then you just get in near the boat ramp and swim upstream a little bit to where it is narrow. There really isn't much to see other than rock wall, crawdads, and planted rainbow trout, but you do get wet. I've only done this dive in the summer and even then the water is fairly cool, mid-40's.

Clear Lake has great visibility but it is cold, mid 30's even in summer. It is spring fed. You enter the lake at the picnic area then surface swim up past the lodge to the little area just past it. That is were the water is the clearest. There isn't a lot to see there; few fish, preserved trees, and the cold water springs. You definitely do not want to touch the bottom as it is very fine volcanic ash. You stir that up and visibility will be messed up for the rest of the day.

Thanks for the info Diveborg. I have actually looked at that site, it does have a lot of good info on there, but I was hoping that it wasnt all inclusive for the available dive sites in Oregon.

So come on Oregon Divers.... keep them coming....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom