Attempted Dive at Navarre Beach Pier 5-14-6

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SuPrBuGmAn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Met up with fmw625 and two of my buddies from the LDS close to my home at Navarre Beach today. Water looked churned up off the beach, but possibly clearer after the sandbar. There was also lots of floaty algae in the water. The surf had picked up from the day before and was running 3-4' with a noticably strong current running east. We attempted the dive but had too much trouble with the entry and aborted.

Win some, and lose some...

Originally planned to dive the Pensacola Beach Reef afterwards, but conditions would have been similar so we didn't bother.

That floaty algae was prob June grass.

SeaYoda and I dove at the Crystal Pier pilings monday. The water was filled with June Grass so thick that if we got 10 feet apart from each other we'd loose each other.

It was showing up at the Jetties also in SeaYodas pics from Saturday.

AHHHH, from silt and particles to green snot - the joys of diving the Emerald Coast :D.

Glad I picked the Jetties yesterday. Would hate to think I'd miss a weekend of diving.

One of these days I will dive the Navarre Pier.

Sorry you didn't have a good dive. :(

Just one of the realities of diving the Gulf, unfortunately. Conditions change quickly and great conditions can turn into not-so-great quickly. I dove Saturday with relatively no waves or current at the Whiskey Wreck(Gulf Shores, AL). Looked completely different by the next day(today).

Picture proof that we were atleast onsite :D We atleast had fun at the Tiki bar afterwards. From left to right, Billy, Allison, and myself. fmw had already left, but he had attempted the dive as well.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom