Attaching tank straps to a bpw

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stbrown

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I just received my first bpw, a Tecline donut 17. It arrived with the harness pre-threaded but the tank straps were not attached. There is also a single-tank adaptor attached with velcro straps through the backplate. I am a bit confused about the optimal way to attach the tank straps. 2 velcro straps are holding the backplate to the wing. Should the tank straps go over these and through the tank and wing, or should they be above/below and only thread through the wing? I was surprised not to have the harness go through the wing. Thanks for any advice!

I just received my first bpw, a Tecline donut 17. It arrived with the harness pre-threaded but the tank straps were not attached. There is also a single-tank adaptor attached with velcro straps through the backplate. I am a bit confused about the optimal way to attach the tank straps. 2 velcro straps are holding the backplate to the wing. Should the tank straps go over these and through the tank and wing, or should they be above/below and only thread through the wing? I was surprised not to have the harness go through the wing. Thanks for any advice!
Pictures will speak a thousand words here buddy, 😉

Which adapter?

Attachments

• adadpyer.png
    adadpyer.png
    563 KB · Views: 21
  • STA.png
    STA.png
    128.4 KB · Views: 20
It is this style but there are 2 straps joining the wing to the backplate. I ended up passing the tank straps through the same slots.

1718295369248.png

I would bolt the wing to the plate, then thread the tank straps through the slots (in wing + plate). No other straps. The bolts are not required under water, but keeps everything together and not flopping around when changing tanks etc.

I would bolt the wing to the plate, then thread the tank straps through the slots (in wing + plate). No other straps. The bolts are not required under water, but keeps everything together and not flopping around when changing tanks etc.
I concur. I use these plastic screws to mount the wing to the backplate to keep the position static and the plastic book screws wont scratch up a painted tank.

Thanks for all the helpful suggestions. I will dive it as-is today and add the bolts over the next week or so. I'm sure it will be fine underwater, but the wing-plate coupling is a little loose on the surface.

When you clamp the tank, the wing-plate coupling will be solid without any requirement to add bolts

1718358630781.png

If you add these triglides, to the cam bands inside the plate, your band will remain in

1000007496.jpg

the same place and give you good purchase in order to buckle your bands effectively

Back
Top Bottom