Attaching Gopro to Cannon WP-DC34

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

uncfnp

Solo Diver
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
I have decided that I want to get back into still photography, especially macro, and efforts with macro on the Gopro have been very unsatisfactory. I contemplated getting the TG-5 but I have a Cannon G11 with uw case so decided to give it another try first with a good set of lights.

So now I have the G11 mounted on a BTS tray with 2 Sola video lights. I have seen Gopros mounted on cold shoes but the WP-DC34 does not have one. There is room on the extended lens part of the case to place a Gopro mount.

So, does anyone know a reason I should not mount a Gopro there (it doesn’t seem to interfere with the camera except to block the camera flash)?

And two, does anyone have a suggestion on the best way to secure the mount. I am thinking some type of glue with a laynard as backup if the glue fails on a dive.

This bracket can be mounted on the tray handles to provide attachment points for a GoPro or other accessories.
Eric took the photo and did a DIY project. Will give it a try next week!

1236E5FB-A4B7-42B6-BE37-A9D6BCA5CBBE.jpeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom