Attaching Dive Rite LX20 to a back plate harness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RMcIntosh

Registered
Reaction score
As the title says I am looking for recommendations for attaching my light to my harness when I am not using it with the soft goodman handle. There is an elastic type bungee line off the back that I was thinking of replacing with cave line to add a bolt snap.
upload_2020-5-18_18-23-8.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2020-5-18_18-22-38.jpeg
    upload_2020-5-18_18-22-38.jpeg
    1.7 KB · Views: 60
thanks will rig it that way. how do you like that light I have not tried it yet hopefully next weekend I can

thanks will rig it that way. how do you like that light I have not tried it yet hopefully next weekend I can
I have a love hate relationship with it. It's a perfectly good light, but it's not nearly as bright as my Underwater Light Dude, and it's not as convenient as my handheld backups that are significantly smaller. It's got a weird place in my arsenal of lights and doesn't come out often. It is primarily stowed in a pocket as a backup primary for cave dives...

The LX20 is a nifty light. I think it was the first awesome LED light that DR made, and it kicked off their next generation LED lighting strategy.

Of course it's not the brightest, but brighter lights like the HP50 come at the expense of burn time, and handheld lights only fit so many batteries. I run my HP50 on medium a lot of the time, which is similar to LX20 on high. When I want bright and long, I have an EX35.

LX20 is not super unwieldy as a backup, similar to the old 3C backup lights. Generally people don't want to drop $1k on backup lights when they start, so they invest in a primary light and then get some $100 backups. But eventually most of us upgrade our primary lights and then--the handheld primaries actually can be used as backups. You don't see many people stuffing an old canister light in their pocket for a backup.

My 12W Salvo canister LED, which was the cream of the crop when it came out circa 2009, still works great. Haven't used it a single time since I got an LX20.

So the LX20 is a great light to start with, and a pretty good light to have around in general, so I'm sure you will be very happy with it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom