Attaching Digital Lens Dock to Ikelite Housing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee:
I was afraid of that. What will repeated bending do to that bar? I guess he thinks it will be OK.

It's ~3/16" thick, so it's fairly sturdy while still pliable. If it starts getting worn out, I can simply machine a new one fairly cheaply, unbend the end retaining piece, slide the Digital Lens Dock off the old and onto the new, and then that's done.

And then there's the idea of mounting the digital lens dock on the strobe arm...but sliding the attachment loop over the tray handle so that it fits within the 9" limit (free-sliding).

~Matt Segal

segal3:
....And then there's the idea of mounting the digital lens dock on the strobe arm...but sliding the attachment loop over the tray handle so that it fits within the 9" limit (free-sliding).

I don't understand. Sliding what attachment loop? 9" limit? Maybe I need to look at a pic of an Ike tray set-up again.

OK, I see it. You're talking about that first section on the #4083 arm? The DLD should fit within that 9", it's not nearly that wide. What about a couple of clamps? You can drill holes in the DLD without weakening it to attach the clamps to. Maybe clamp isn't the right word. You know those things that are like U's with an ear on either side... _^_? I feel yourfrustration...there's got to be a way!!! :wink:

Like so:

setup.jpg

In this way, I can remove the lens completely from my setup, without disturbing anything else (simply by pulling the zip tie off the handle), but when the strobes are locked in, there's no way for the zip tie attached to the wire holding the lens to come off...

I tightened down the zip ties on the lens dock as tightly as possible...still rotates...

~Matt Segal

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom