attaching anchor rode to a cement block at depth?? how to?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd call a marine services shop and ask them. :wink:

Part chain on a small ball off the block so you can always find it when you seasonally maintain the rode. I never liked concrete that much for a weight like this. Nothing beats a huge mushroom anchor worked into the bottom or a nice bunch of steam-cleaned engine blocks chained together.

It's been a while; IIRC our permanent mooring used a scope of 1:1. The nylon was about 6' less than the depth, and the remainder was chain, so that the only thing on the bottom was chain.

Splice the line to the chain, then, hop in and shackle the chain to the eye in the concrete (make sure you safety-wire the shackle pin).

..at least, this is how we did it on the boat I grew up on...

All the best, James

THANKS! I have gotten a lot of feedback from people around here...the block is only in twenty feet of water so i think the best bet is all chain just so th owner doesnt have to worry about the line breaking and so i dont have liability... im thinking 5/8 chain 2-1 scope for a 27 foot express cruiser...

i sen them the bid and am hoping they call me :) when i sent the bid it even scared me but it was all the stuff to make to system....

Back
Top Bottom