Attach Photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pillow

Contributor
Reaction score
I would like to attach photos of some vintage gear that I have but do not know how.

Help

It is something of a mystery. I see big photo spreads on SB but don't know how it is done. Maybe someone will enlighten us both. I do know how to attach thumbnails by using the "advanced" function. First, copy the address of a photo on your computer or website. Looking at the quick reply window, click on "advanced" and you will see "attach files". Click on that and a pop up tool (manager) will appear. Paste the address into the appropriate window and click "download". When the download is accepted, click "review" or click "post". If the download is not accepted look for a message giving the reason. Sometimes, a large file will not download due to restrictions on some types of files. Also, the "post" function will not work if there is no text. Just add something like "my vintage gear".

If you have an online photo account like Smugmug or similar, you can upload your photos there, and your provider will then give you the link to each image, that you then can copy/paste into a post here on Scubaboard. If you "Go Advanced" when you post, there is a button for image links.

You can also upload your photos to the Scubaboard Photo Gallery, where you have your own personal gallery option. Go to Photo Gallery (link at top of the page), and towards the top right there is a button for "Upload Photos". The page that pops up is fairly self-explanatory.

To link to your Scubaboard photos, you open each of your photos and copy the BB Code (appears below the image, a few lines down) and paste it into your message. That requires having 2 windows open, but is the only method I've mastered yet.

Don't feel bad, it took me awhile to figure it out, and I work with digital media files every day, moving, sending, displaying them :D

Hope this helps
Henrik

I recommend www.photobucket.com. It is free of costs and free of trouble and secure or not as you wish. I have had no problems with my photobucket account in many years. It is easy to upload the pics to the site and then use the links to copy and paste the link into your web posts and then, voila, nice pics imbedded in your posts.

N

Hey, if you guys are still on dial up and have a Univac running Fortran Watt V with RCA tubes running, photobucket may not offer a total solution for you. If however you are more modern than your scuba gear :wink:and have a laptop or (desktop--gag) running XP or Vista or Linux (or that stupid Mac crap if you insist on being-----) then you ought to be able to upload photos easy peezy. If you need more help, PM me etc.

N

So there is no easy way like cut and paste from an email? Somehow I did that once, but was never able to do it again.

Here's a quick explanation I wrote about how to post photos from your computer to the Scubaboard Photo Gallery and then link a photo from your gallery to your post.

And a more detailed explanation: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/2657579-post8.html

We also have a forum in Site Support specifically for these types of questions:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/photo-gallery/

If you just want to attach files from your computer once, Pescador775's method detailed above is probably the easiest.

How to post pictures using the Scubaboard Photo Gallery:

Click on Photo Gallery on the top menu

Click on Upload Photos (to the right)

Select a Gallery for your photos from the dropdown

Below that there are 10 blank spaces with a Browse button to the right of each one.

Click it and navigate to the folder on your computer where your image(s) are stored.
Select one and repeat as needed.

Enter a title, description and keywords (for searching) and hit Upload/Submit

At the next screen fill in any optional details and hit Process.

When it finishes you should now see your photo in the gallery you specified

Click on the photo for details about it.

There are two "Copy" buttons under the photo.

Copy and paste the code in the Linked Thumbnail box to make a clickable thumbnail in your post:

Copy and paste the code in the BB Code box to insert the image full-sized in your post:

From an external website or online photogallery the code would be similar to this:
[img]http://www.website.com/image.jpg[/img]

Last edited:
So there is no easy way like cut and paste from an email? Somehow I did that once, but was never able to do it again.

It is easy, you just need to use photobucket or another photo offsite hosting site. The way to do it is to create a folder on your desktop. Then join photobucket. Then upload your photos from the folder, usually can do several at a time. Then simply copy the link and paste into the post. That is the EASY way.

That is offsite hosting, onsite hosting as here or other forums is a pita most of the time.

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom