Atomic Z3 sealed or not

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Smeg

New
Reaction score
Hi
Please excuse this probably newbie question but I have a question about an Atomic Z3 I was gifted.
I read it can come optionally "Factory Sealed"; is there a way I can check if it is or not by looking at it, or does it need to be taken apart to check? And is this the difference between cold water rated or not; do I need to confirm it is sealed before considering cold water diving?
Ta

It is easy to check: if the black rubber band half way of the reg is plain, it is sealed. If it has a few holes, it is unsealed.

Thank you, surprised you have to know about that where you are
Jealous

Jealous
Hehehe... My spouse is using a pair of Atomic regs: B2 sealed and Z2 unsealed. She made the Z2 sealed 2 years ago.
Very good regs but difficult to maintain on field when they are sealed due to the crystolube.

Jealous
Sealing prevents the entry of water and foreign matter into the first stage. It is therefore not just beneficial in “cold” water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom