Atomic T2 to T2X upgrade - is it worth $500?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I hate to muck up the thought process here, but going back to the original posters question, the answer is NO. I have dove my Atomic Titaniums for 8 years now, swapping back and forth between air, nitrox and trimix, and never encountered any problems. I plan to get a lot more dives out of them and have no plans to consider any sort of upgrade. This may not agree with how everyone feels, but I am simply sharing some facts here on what has worked for me over several thousand dives.

No worries on mucking things up and I have been doing that well enough on my own. So Valaika let me ask this, did you ever upgrade the piston? If so which one did you use? the stainless or the monel?

No Scared, in fact I have used the stock rebuild kits each time I serviced the units ( I have two, setup for a doubles rig).

That's pretty amazing, I did not add that link, took me a few to figure out what you meant. Nice to see Scubaboard auto-populate a link when I simply typed those three words in there!

To the OP, I upgraded my original (2001) T1 and two (used) newer T2s to T2x specs last year. The work was done at Atomic (I live closeby) and as such, gives me peace of mind. Not sure I want to trust any LDS with having all the right parts or skill set needed. I frequently dive in very remote places off private yachts, days or even weeks from an LDS and can't take a chance with a malfuction, which is really why I bought Ti regs in the first place.

I can't recommend the conversion just for EAN, my old T1 worked just fine switching between air and EAN 32-36. If your going up to 40 maybe, or using a stage bottle, buy an additional dedicated reg for those higher O2 levels.

Now if you want the cool factor.......that's different consideration.

Cheers!

That is funny. Given that Atomic parts can be hard to come by I just figured you added the link in jest.

Shameless plug for those reading I am now selling one my Atomic Ti regs that has been rebuilt and upgraded. Check out the classified forum.

That's pretty amazing, I did not add that link, took me a few to figure out what you meant. Nice to see Scubaboard auto-populate a link when I simply typed those three words in there!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom