Atomic SS1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rrweather

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I bought this Atomic SS1 (red) about a year ago. It has been used on 10 dives. I've never had to use it in an out-of-air situation. I did test it at about 100 feet and it worked great. It obviously doesn't breathe as well as a normal regulator but much better than a dumpy rental reg or a cheap Alternate Air Reg. It is attached to a standard 16-inch corrugated hose. All you need to do is take your corrugated hose off of your BC (cut a zip tie) and put this hose on. Add the zip tie and you are done. If it takes you more than 2 minutes, you should ask someone for help--it's that easy. It comes with the stock Atomic LP hose with the quick disconnect. The SS1 unscrews from the corrugated hose so you can keep it with your regs and hopefully keep it from getting bashed around with your BC. This one was always stored with my regs in a reg bag. Let me know if you have any questions.

On a side note, the Atomic quick-disconnect that comes on this hose attaches to any size standard LP hose. You do not need a "BC Hose" because the Atomic adapter screws into an ordinary LP hose. Makes changing hose sizes much cheaper.

These are anywhere from $220 to $250 new (that I could find online). Price is $125 shipped in the U.S. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_0921.jpg
    IMG_0921.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_0922.jpg
    IMG_0922.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_0920.jpg
    IMG_0920.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_0917.jpg
    IMG_0917.jpg