Atomic SS1 instal on new BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dukeofearl

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My wife has a new BC (ScubaPro) and would like to have her Atomic SS1 installed. I see that the conversion kits are readily available on line. Is this something I should try at home, or do I need my LDS?

Thanks!

Well, that will depend on your mechanical aptitude. On a motorcycle list I’m on, we have a scale from 1-10. 10 means that you can rebuild an engine with just a screwdriver. 1 means that you injure yourself with a screwdriver. As long as you are at least a 2, this should be doable.

At the inflator end of your wife’s BC, there are probably a couple zip ties (at least 1). Remove them without damaging the hose. Carefully pull the inflator from the corrugated. If it’s tough, a little hot water can make the rubber a bit softer. If the BC currently has a pull dump, there is a cable held to the inflator by a pin. Hold the cable before removing the pin. Then, attached the cable to the pin on the BX coupler (SS1 adapter). Then insert the BX coupler into the corrugated and secure with zip ties. IIRC, there are a couple different sizes of the BX coupler, so get the right one to match the corrugated hose diameter.

Then, on the regulator, you’ll need to remove the inflator hose and install the one that came with the SS1. Store the SS1 with the regulator and simply screw it on to the corrugated when gearing up for a dive. The BX coupler also makes rinsing the inside of the BC a breeze.

NNO ON ON ON ON ON ONNO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NOo no no no no no no

You squeeze the nub with pliers from the sides and twist

yOU never CUT RH CABLE TIEthe cable tie NEVER CUT

Yeah a time back some were recommending some particular eenie weenie side cutters for mouthpieces
I suggested that they may well be the ones coming back on here with a mouthpiece leak they can't find

through the eenie weenie hole made by their eenie weenie side cutters

couv appreciated my comment

it was like being at the Pearly gates and gaining admission whenever he did that

Yeah a time back some were recommending some particular eenie weenie side cutters for mouthpieces
I suggested that they may well be the ones coming back on here with a mouthpiece leak they can't find

through the eenie weenie hole made by their eenie weenie side cutters

couv appreciated my comment

it was like being at the Pearly gates and gaining admission whenever he did that
Quick question. How do you tighten and cut the cable tie when clamping the mouthpiece?

Quick question. How do you tighten and cut the cable tie when clamping the mouthpiece?
I use a cable tie tool. Pulls it tight, then I twist off the excess. They also sell versions that clip the excess automatically once pulled tight. Mine still works, so I haven’t gotten around to upgrade it just yet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom