Atomic Regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mildseven

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all...
I just want to get some opinions about Atomic Z1 Regulator. How does it compare with Oceanic Delta3 with CDX5 or with Apeks TX50. Which one perform better than the other if I want to use for deep dive around 30 to 33metres?

Thanks All

I have an M1; it breathes great. The Z1 (as well as all Atomic regs) share the same design, and varry only in materials used. Therefore the Z1 should perform just as well. The only thing you may want to do is switch to an M1 exhaust, since it is bigger and greatly reduces bubble interference.

I have the T1X and the M1, They breath great. Love them and Z1 should breath the same. I also have ATX 50 and it is nice as well.

Don't no much about the Delta3 but I have heard it is a good value.

You can't go wrong with Atomics. Just do a search, you'll be hard pressed to find a negative post regarding Atomics. The exhaust tee is the only problem and very easily resolved.
I own the B1 w/M1 exhaust tee and Ti2 w/ brass first stage. Most natural breathing regulator I've tried.

Jeff

So Cal,

It's 1 am here, and I'm too exausted to search and read through everything... if you catch this, could you just shoot me some pros/cons of the B1 compared to (if you know) the M1?

I appreciate it.

No prob JR

Well biggest is $$$. Best advice is buy the best you can afford.
The M1 is the Ferrari of regs and the B1/B2 is the Corvette.
Here's a link to Atomics site. It'll answer all your questions.
Basically the M1 has more titanium parts. Pros:lightweight:less jaw fatigue, indestructible. Cons:$$$, Nitrox over 40% + titanium = fire, even underwater.
I found my setup (Atomic B1 titanium, Ti2 titanium and brass first stage) with original warranty card on ebay for $320 to my door on ebay. Had them serviced, the B1 cover changed to a new blue B2 cover, M1 exhaust tee installed and a yellow cover kit installed on my Ti2 for $200 = $420. The deals are out there you just have to be patient and look for them.

Hope this helps.

http://www.atomicaquatics.com/

Jeff

Jeff,

Thanks for the help, I'm checking out Atomic's site now...
I wouldn't be doing anything over 40% with this reg, since I am on the verge of starting technical/cave training, and would use other regs for stage bottles. Would you (or anyone else) recommend the M1 for a helium blend?

Higher percentages of oxygen are highly corrosive and flammable to titanium. Were as lower percentages of helium and nitrogen are not.
The M1 will handle 80% O2 and helium.

But (the bad news) you'll find most cave/tech divers with Apex or
Scubapro regs due to there ease of maintenace underwater ??? and ruggedness.
Hate to give you more options.

Me .

Atomics!!!

Jeff

Actually I know an avid cave diver that dives the B2. At this point, I'm strongly considering the M1. What I like about the B2 though, is you can get the cover in different colors, and since the new rig I'm buying (Dive Rite ssbp, Rec wing)is going to be blue, black, and silver, it would go good with it :). Ugh... decisions decisions. Thanks for all the help Jeff, you've been most kind.

Jon

Back
Top Bottom