Atomic DIN parts compatibility

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

guruboy

Divemaster
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
How compatible are DIN parts from different brands?

Can you put ScubaPro DIN parts on an Atomic 1st stage?

with a lot of the vintage regulators there is crossover, but it is highly likely most modern brands will have interchangeability unless they are from the same OEM. I.e. Dive Rite XT and WMD who probably use one standard size. HOG, Hollis, Deep6 are probably all using the same size DIN components, etc. but across the big brands, you might see some with TUSA and Scubapro because of their licensing agreements, but that's probably it. Could be wrong and no harm in trying as long as it goes in easily and seals well. with calipers you can also measure the size and thread pitch

No, I wouldn't mess around at all with mixing parts especially DIN parts. You are never certain of what is compatible with what and no one will take responsibility if anything goes wrong. It is one thing to use a second stage from one mfg. with another mfg's first stage but using DIN/HP parts from one with the other, I wouldn't even think about doing it.

Last edited:
I was told some DIN parts I took off a used atomic reg had a ScubaPro din insert.

Trying to sort that out right now.

I was told some DIN parts I took off a used atomic reg had a ScubaPro din insert.

Trying to sort that out right now.

Hummm,

So you are trying to ascertain if your Atomic regulator had SP parts not trying to use SP parts in an Atomic regulator?? You suspect that somebody used SP in your Atomic reg.?

Hummm,

So you are trying to ascertain if your Atomic regulator had SP parts not trying to use SP parts in an Atomic regulator?? You suspect that somebody used SP in your Atomic reg.?

Correct. That is what I was told.

I know the wheel you use to screw the reg into the tank was an Atomic one. A tech is saying the din insert is actually ScubaPro though.

Here are some SxS pictures. I can't tell the difference.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Apparently the tech confused "o-rings" with "DIN insert"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom