Atomic Cobalt versus Oceanic OC1 dive computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will try your streamline approach as well and see how it works for me when I assemble my kit.

Here are links to the components I've found do a good job of securing the Cobalt given its fairly wide and narrow top bar. IME, the trick is to make it secure, spread the attachment force on the Cobalt's top bar out as much as possible, and make sure the whole thing is not so long that it dangles away from you too much

QRBCS1 discounts on sale Cetecea (goes on the Cobalt's weird attachment point like it was designed for it) and BCQR3 discounts on sale Cetecea (bolts neatly to the shoulder straps on most BCs and doesn't increase the length of the attachment between the Cobalt and the BC too much)

Hope the Cobalt works as well for you as it has for me :)

I do not: if my Cobalt fails, the dive is over and the SPG is meaningless to me--I'm heading for the surface and either I have enough gas in my tank(s) and/or pony to get back up or I don't. I use the Cobalt dive planner before my dives and put NDLs (or bottom time and deco stops) on my slate as a back up. My dive watch serves as a back up timing device.

I suppose I should have a back up depth gauge as well, but if it's a true emergency I'll shoot my bag and hold my stop at the proper depth using the marks I put on the line when I got it, though I've found that's a lot harder in practice than is ideal.

Dr. Lecter,

You pose some good ideas that I have never heard or thought of...very interesting.:cool3:

~ME~

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom