Atomic Cobalt pressure reading issue.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shortkidd

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has any Cobalt owner experienced this issue?

Diving on Friday night....computer was fine on first dive no issues.....on second night dive I set up my gear and predive check there are no issues. I jump in and start descending and the tank pressure reads 0, the computer starts beeping because it thinks I have no pressure at depth. I finish my dive because I dive with two other computers and I am all good there. Also, the Cobalt accurately recorded the dive just with 0 pressure. Which is fine.

While on the boat, I disconnect the computer and reconnect pressurize the system and still reading 0 pressure. I brought it home and let everything dry out and connected my first stage to a tank I have at home and when I pressurize the system there is leak where Cobalt connects to the hose and the pressure is fluctuating. Is there a seal or something that needs to be replaced that I am completely unaware of?

Looking for any help. I would appreciate it.

Regards,
Vincent

Vincent, sorry for the delay in responding. Pressure readings as you describe could be caused by connection problems between the sensor and the main PCB, a sensor failure, or (less likely) a leak at the HP end. I don't think this is related to any gas leak, that probably just means an O-ring is due for replacement. Diagnosing and fixing this involves taking the Cobalt apart, so it needs to go back to Atomic for service. Sorry I don't have an easy fix. Contact Atomic service by phone or email and I'm sure they will take care of it.

Ron

Back
Top Bottom