Atomic B2 SwivelAtomic B2 Swivel – need lubricant?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Talon

Contributor
Reaction score
I’ve had my B2 for about 4 or 5 months now and really enjoy it, but I noticed something on my last dive. It seemed like the swivel was a little stiff. Seems like when I first bought the reg, it would “swivel” with ease when ever I turned my head under water.

When there is no pressure on the hose, the swivel still moves with great ease. But as soon as I open up the value on the tank, it gets “stiff”.

Is there a lubricant I can use to get the flexibility back into the swivel? Or am I just delusional and it has always been stiff?

Thanks for any feedback,
Michael

Talon:
I’ve had my B2 for about 4 or 5 months now and really enjoy it, but I noticed something on my last dive. It seemed like the swivel was a little stiff. Seems like when I first bought the reg, it would “swivel” with ease when ever I turned my head under water.

When there is no pressure on the hose, the swivel still moves with great ease. But as soon as I open up the value on the tank, it gets “stiff”.

Is there a lubricant I can use to get the flexibility back into the swivel? Or am I just delusional and it has always been stiff?

Thanks for any feedback,
Michael

Michael,

I have had my B2 since June. I am just now starting to experience the same exact symptons. Have you found any resolution? I have not contacted Atomic Aquatics yet.

Thanks,

Richard

PacketSniffer:
Michael,

I have had my B2 since June. I am just now starting to experience the same exact symptons. Have you found any resolution? I have not contacted Atomic Aquatics yet.

Thanks,

Richard
I have had my B2 for about four months. I haven't noticed the problem but I recently completed a Equipment Specialty Course. One thing I learned is that it is not enough to just rinse your reg after diving in salt water. I now let my reg soak in fresh water for a while before returning it to the gear bag. You would be amazed at the mineral deposits and crap that hides in every unseen nook and cranny. I don't know if this helps but I thought I would mention it.

I sent in my swivel to Atomic Aquatics last week. They tore it apart and tried to rebuild it. However, I was told it didn't work out so they just ended up sending me a new swivel (attached to me custom length hose). I didn't really get a good answer of what went wrong with it.

Without pressure, the new swivel has great movement. However, when I pressurize, the swivel does get slightly stiff. It's not like the previous swivel though where I had to really put some force on it to get it to move. Under pressure, this new swivel has movement in between what's experienced with no pressure and the super stiff swivel that was replaced. I can't remember now how easy my original swivel was under pressure when I first got it. If this new one doesn't last, I think I'll give up in the swivel idea.

Richard

CaptainNemo: That's interesting.

Atomic states that you should rinse the regs, not soak them (at least not unpressurized).

My Z2 didn't come with a fancy swivel, so I guess I don't have to worry about it nearly as much. :wink:

Hey Packet,
FWIW I've had my B2 for a year, with 19 tropical dives (Aruba/Rangiroa/Moorea) and 11 California Pac-ocean dives. When I rinse, I always move the swivel around and around and around. Takes no more time, just a different technique. My swivel seems as easy to move under pressure as when I bought it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom