Atomic B1/T2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RickD83

New
Reaction score
I have the Atomic B1/T2 regulator, and I noticed in the pool bubbles coming from the first stage, mid-section, where there are holes for water to enter for pressure regulation. Bubbles occur about one a second. I just had the regulator serviced, and I am taking it back to have it checked, but I was wondering if anyone knows how to adjust this so I will know in case I am out on a trip somewhere I can adjust it myself. Thanks in advance.

RickD83:
I have the Atomic B1/T2 regulator, and I noticed in the pool bubbles coming from the first stage, mid-section, where there are holes for water to enter for pressure regulation. Bubbles occur about one a second. I just had the regulator serviced, and I am taking it back to have it checked, but I was wondering if anyone knows how to adjust this so I will know in case I am out on a trip somewhere I can adjust it myself. Thanks in advance.

Rick,

Did you get the bubble problem resolved with your Atomic B1?

I may have had a similar problem (hissing sound in 1st stage, but no obvious bubbles). Please see my recent post on this forum.The problem persisted even after I had the reg serviced. A new high-pressure seat seems to have fixed it.

Harry

Mine started doing this after it was serviced, so I had them fix it.
In my case it was the o-ring that seals the DIN connector onto the regulator body.

Just lousy service work.

Harry Kreigh:
Rick,

Did you get the bubble problem resolved with your Atomic B1?

I may have had a similar problem (hissing sound in 1st stage, but no obvious bubbles). Please see my recent post on this forum.The problem persisted even after I had the reg serviced. A new high-pressure seat seems to have fixed it.

Harry

Harry,

Yes, I did get the problem fixed. I think the problem was a high-pressure seat too. Thanks for inquiring. Happy diving!

Rick

Have you thought about having it environmentally sealed. I had mine done, and I have not had a problem with it. just a thought.

murphdivers286:
Have you thought about having it environmentally sealed. I had mine done, and I have not had a problem with it. just a thought.

No, I have not thought about that. About how much is charged to do that?

Environmental sealing will not solve that type of problem... and hate to say, neither will changing the seat... directly anyway. If air is coming out those holes, it means either the o-ring at the top of the piston, or the one on the shaft is leaking. Now to put in a seat, perhaps they dis-assembled everything and putting it back together, it straightened out a problem.... But a problem with the seat itself would only cause the IP to raise, causing the reg to start a free flow... but not bubble up into the ambient pressure area.

Environmental sealing is just to stop water from touching the piston so it can't freeze. If not doing cold water diving... I would not bother.

scubatoys:
Environmental sealing will not solve that type of problem... and hate to say, neither will changing the seat... directly anyway. If air is coming out those holes, it means either the o-ring at the top of the piston, or the one on the shaft is leaking. Now to put in a seat, perhaps they dis-assembled everything and putting it back together, it straightened out a problem.... But a problem with the seat itself would only cause the IP to raise, causing the reg to start a free flow... but not bubble up into the ambient pressure area.

Environmental sealing is just to stop water from touching the piston so it can't freeze. If not doing cold water diving... I would not bother.

Yes, that is what I thought environmental sealing was for, and I don't do cold water diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom