Atomic Aquatics Sub Frame Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i am actually quite okay without a purge valve on masks. i rock a pretty thick beard and a bit of water gets in now and then no biggy. A good way of taking care of that problem though is to use some chapstick or a bit of vaseline on the stache and you won't have any leaks. give it a go, might help a bit.

Purge valves are considered a negative by most users.

Where would they put the valve, in the glass or the nose pocket? If in the nose pocket both of these masks are such low volume there is no room for one there and if you put it in the glass it would ruin the vision.

There are several masks on the market with PVs in them, perhaps try one of those, I think Tusa makes one that looks decent. Tusa Hyperdry or some such.

If the Atomic mask hits your forehead that is an indication you need to get the "small" size.

N

Purge valves are considered a negative by most users.

Where would they put the valve, in the glass or the nose pocket? If in the nose pocket both of these masks are such low volume there is no room for one there and if you put it in the glass it would ruin the vision.

There are several masks on the market with PVs in them, perhaps try one of those, I think Tusa makes one that looks decent. Tusa Hyperdry or some such.

If the Atomic mask hits your forehead that is an indication you need to get the "small" size.

N

I'm NOT most users. I prefer a purge. Different strokes for different folks. Been certified since 1992. I know what's on the market.

Already have three clear silicone purge masks. (Scuba Pro Tri-vent, SP Crystal View, Oceanmaster Perino) Looking for a HIGH QUALITY black purge mask for photography. Would like an Atomic, but no dice. Most purges fit right into the bottom of the nose pocket. They don't take up any additional space, so as a courtesy to divers that prefer purges, I wish they would offer their masks with that option.

BTW, doesn't matter how comfortable a mask feels when you try it on dry in the dive shop. You don't know if it's going to leak until you get in the water, but once it's wet and considered "used", you can't take it back for a refund...........

I'm NOT most users. I prefer a purge. Different strokes for different folks. Been certified since 1992. I know what's on the market.

Already have three clear silicone purge masks. (Scuba Pro Tri-vent, SP Crystal View, Oceanmaster Perino) Looking for a HIGH QUALITY black purge mask for photography. Would like an Atomic, but no dice. Most purges fit right into the bottom of the nose pocket. They don't take up any additional space, so as a courtesy to divers that prefer purges, I wish they would offer their masks with that option.

BTW, doesn't matter how comfortable a mask feels when you try it on dry in the dive shop. You don't know if it's going to leak until you get in the water, but once it's wet and considered "used", you can't take it back for a refund...........

If you know what is on the market, what was your question. I think you answered yourself, they (Atomic) do not make one and are probably not going to.

Good luck in you search, hope you find one you like. Newbies like yourself to the sport go through phases like this.

N, Go Saints, Go LSU

Good luck in you search, hope you find one you like. Newbies like yourself to the sport go through phases like this.

N, Go Saints, Go LSU

Newbie? I think you missed where I stated that I've been certified since 1992. Just looking for a high quality BLACK mask with a purge for photography. Will try my local Dive Shops to see if they will let me try the two Atomic masks(Even though they don't have purges) in their pool before I purchase.

Geaux Tigers. Who Dat say dey gonna beat dem Saints............

Back
Top Bottom