Atomic Aquatics Sub Frame Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you so much for the nice compliment. We strive to be the BEST not only in diving equipment but in customer support as well.
Cheers,
Darcy

Don't get all big-headed on us, Darcy.

I've been asking for Atomic wetsuits and BCs for a while now. :D

After I made my post, I realized that we were talking about two different masks. I have the frameless and love that one was available for narrower faces. But the Subframe sounds like a great mask too!

I have the sub-frame mask in red and have a love hate relationship... It leaks on the side if I look to the sides, very frustrating...

But that is because I changed up the latex straps to the slap strap... It did leak a little when I had the original latex straps on...

I tried the Seadive mask and it's skirt fits much better around my face, end result is no leaks at all; there are mask that just fit better on the face...

Quality wise the sub-frame mask is just quality, just place it next to another mask and you will see the difference..

the only problem that i m having with the subrame mask, is that it is such a low profile that the frame itself smashes inbetween my brow and adds a bit of pressure. it is very clear indeed. i think i will try out the single lens. also the skirt for me seems to protrude out a bit so gotta kinda work it with the hood.

the only problem that i m having with the subrame mask, is that it is such a low profile that the frame itself smashes inbetween my brow and adds a bit of pressure. it is very clear indeed. i think i will try out the single lens. also the skirt for me seems to protrude out a bit so gotta kinda work it with the hood.

It sounds like you have the mask strap too tight. Loosen it up a bit and the skirt should stop protruding.

My frameless leaks if the strap is even a tiny bit tight, but other than that it is a joy to use. Ever since swapping my old Dacor for the Atomic, diving has been so much more of a joy... open field of vision, less space in the luggage, and i even now hold my head in a more comfortable position while diving.

thanks for the responses guys. i didn't have the mask very tight at all, i just think it doesn't fit as well as i thought, so i returned it. thing has great visability though.

They really do need to have a Purge Valve option for all their masks (As do all the mask companies) for all the divers with beards, moustaches and hard to fit "Leak Prone" faces that prefer/find it easier to clear with a PV. I want to purchase one of the black Atomics for UW photography, but no dice until they offer a purge option. Doesn't seem like a very difficult thing for a scuba mask company to offer purges, but few do..........

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom