Atomic Aquatics Cobalt Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Has the date thing been fixed now ron?
There is no way for us to fix it retroactively, that is to say everyone with affected firmware versions (most who have updated) will need to manually set the year forward in the Set Time and Date screen. But the next firmware release will automatically keep track of the year as it should, as well as add a time of day display to the dive screen and some better graphic scaling to the dive log. Since the date thing won't come up for another 50 weeks or so it's not urgent, but I hope new firmware will be posted this month.

Ron

Is there any way to change the year on dives already logged? I just got back from a dive trip and now have 2 dozen dives that are off by a year. :-(

Is there any way to change the year on dives already logged? I just got back from a dive trip and now have 2 dozen dives that are off by a year. :-(
We're looking into ways we could fix that, but right now we don't have anything ready. I expect some of the logbook programs allow you to edit this info after downloading, but changing it in the Cobalt's log is something we want to approach carefully.

Ron

I wonder if there is possible to dive with the Cobalt without the HP hose connected? I ask this because I will have a dive tomorrow and I dont have my reg set with me and no way to connect the Cobalt. I understand that I wont be able to have gas times and pressure readings but I would love to have my dives logged, for depth, profile and temp.

What do you think?

I wonder if there is possible to dive with the Cobalt without the HP hose connected? I ask this because I will have a dive tomorrow and I dont have my reg set with me and no way to connect the Cobalt. I understand that I wont be able to have gas times and pressure readings but I would love to have my dives logged, for depth, profile and temp.

What do you think?
It won't hurt anything. You will get low air alarms going off for a minute. But the HP sensor is a sealed ceramic part and won't be damaged at all. Just rinse it out with fresh water when you are done.

Ron

Hi,

In setting up my new Cobalt at home, I discovered the following:

1. the connector between the AC cable and the pin insert, the interior 'female' part came out. I inserted and removed very gently the power cord with male pin from the female part that was inside the 'connector'. When removing the cord with the 'male' end the female portion that was inside the connector came out too. There is no way to insert it back in and have it stay or connect to electricity as the 4 small metal copper/gold flat connectors/attachments, sheared off. I can photo this too. How do I fix or get a replacement. A picture of the connector and the female part that came out.
Atomic Cobalt connector.jpg
2. the charging connector interface has five 'holes' on each side, which is poorly visible on the picture of the connector:
a. which is for the AC and which for computer charging?
b. there are 'missing 'sleeves' on each side of the connector, 2 missing on one side and 1 on the other. Is this correct?

3. On the read out, there is a gas time which seems different than the dive time? What is the gas time?

I registered the warranty page yesterday.

Thanks for any guidance, Lydia

Hi,

In setting up my new Cobalt at home, I discovered the following:

1. the connector between the AC cable and the pin insert, the interior 'female' part came out. I inserted and removed very gently the power cord with male pin from the female part that was inside the 'connector'. When removing the cord with the 'male' end the female portion that was inside the connector came out too. There is no way to insert it back in and have it stay or connect to electricity as the 4 small metal copper/gold flat connectors/attachments, sheared off. I can photo this too. How do I fix or get a replacement. A picture of the connector and the female part that came out.
2. the charging connector interface has five 'holes' on each side, which is poorly visible on the picture of the connector:
a. which is for the AC and which for computer charging?
b. there are 'missing 'sleeves' on each side of the connector, 2 missing on one side and 1 on the other. Is this correct?

3. On the read out, there is a gas time which seems different than the dive time? What is the gas time?

I registered the warranty page yesterday.

Thanks for any guidance, Lydia

Atomic needs to send you another USB/ A/C Power adapter- yours is broken, the connector should not have come off the board. Call them at 888-270-8595 and I'm sure they will send one right out to you. Until you get it you should be able to charge the Cobalt using the USB side, with any PC or USB charging device. The two sides work completely independently.

There are four gold sockets on the USB side of the adapter, and three on the A/C charging side- the two sides are shown on page 8 of your manual. The sockets on each side are only the ones needed for each function, it's normal that all the holes are not filled.

Dive time is the actual duration of your dive. Gas time, shown in the gas info section of the dive screen, is the calculated time that, given your current breathing rate, you could remain at your current depth while still allowing enough gas to ascend safely, making all required decompression (if any), deep (if any) and safety stops, while still arriving at the surface with the safety reserve pressure you have set in the Dive Settings screen. It is described in the Dive Screen Alerts and Warnings section of the manual (page 33)

Enjoy your Cobalt!

Ron

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom