Atomic Aquatics Cobalt Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can the Cobalt be attached to a Miflex HP hose with the quick disconnect? In other words say if I want to use a different or longer hose, is that possible, or am I stuck with the Atomic hose?

Adam

Can the Cobalt be attached to a Miflex HP hose with the quick disconnect? In other words say if I want to use a different or longer hose, is that possible, or am I stuck with the Atomic hose?

Adam
You can move the QD fitting to any hose with a standard HP end.

RonR:
Atomic has committed to making a free Mac application available.

Can you confirm that this is still the case? It seems like Atomic wants Mac users to buy MacDive or some other third-party solution.

After spending $1200 for the computer, another $25 for the software is, perhaps, not a big deal. But none of the software out there does quite what I want, so some free solution to back up my dives while I dream about providing an online log service that I'll never get to implementing would put my mind at rest. Nothing like backed up data to make you feel secure.

Osric

Can you confirm that this is still the case? It seems like Atomic wants Mac users to buy MacDive or some other third-party solution.

Osric
It is still the case. Nick (of MacDive) is working on an "Atomic" version to support the Cobalt. I've also seen an alpha test of a free online logging application that is supposed to eventually support the Cobalt using the open source drivers- I don't know much about this effort. I think that for most people the $25 for the full version of MacDive will be well worth it for the ability to download other computers, synch with other devices, etc. Plus supporting those who develop good products is a good thing and helps keep improvements coming. I don't have a time line for a free Mac application, but since MacDive already works great with the Cobalt I don't think it will be too long. As I've said before, we blew it by completely underestimating the importance of dive logging software to so many users, so we are still behind where we should be with this.

First thanks to the poster who used the Olympus FE 340 screen protector, I ordered two from Zagg and put one one and dove it the next day. The 'OEM' screen protectors started bubbling and peeling after 1 dive, the Zagg was as I put it on after I did two dives to 80' in saltwater. The down load and upgrade went fairly smoothly. I can see where someone COULD get confused and try to upgrade the DC with the compressed file - maybe a slight name change from compressed to uncompressed? My buddy 'bricked' his and altho he didn't believe my advice that i gave him thanks to Ron R's post and had to call Atomic, he got it straightened out. A slight glitch in the installation of the Cobalt Dive Log. Altho the install gives you the option to put the install in any folder, it won't run unless it is in the C: drive (the default location). Also when I downloaded new dives to the Log Book after I had already downloaded dives initially to the log book, it downloaded ALL the dives, old and new, so I had to send most to the recycle bin in order to add the 4 new dives. Is there a work around for this, seems like a waste of time and 'bandwidth' to do it that way. Many thanks to Ron R for keeping us up to date on everything as frustrated as some of the posters got!

Thanks for the tip. I just ordered 2 covers.

It is, 1.10 is current. If you go to the website in the next few days you might see a version 1.11- no worries, that just represents a minor change to the default low gas alert settings to comply with a (just received) request from the CE certification agency. This version also eliminates the 90 second data storage rate- we've found that caused some problems and it seems unnecessary. Now that things are set up we will be uploading new versions whenever changes are made, but will send notice if there is a significant upgrade.

RonR,
How can I tell if a new firmware is available. Per your previous post I am assuming a 1.11 is soon to be comming. When I go to Atomics site it appears that I have to go through the whole registering process just to find out what the current firmware version is. That seems like the lot of trouble to go through just to find out that I already have the current rev. Why do I have to reregister to get the firmware updates? They are of no use if I don't have the hardware; and if I have the hardware I should have access to the updates. Why all the hoops?
Brian

RonR,
How can I tell if a new firmware is available. Per your previous post I am assuming a 1.11 is soon to be comming. When I go to Atomics site it appears that I have to go through the whole registering process just to find out what the current firmware version is. That seems like the lot of trouble to go through just to find out that I already have the current rev. Why do I have to reregister to get the firmware updates? They are of no use if I don't have the hardware; and if I have the hardware I should have access to the updates. Why all the hoops?
Brian
That's a really good point. I'm going to suggest that the current version be posted on the start page for now. Eventually I know we want to build an auto checking function into the desktop software for both Mac and Windows. Thanks for this reminder.

Just FYI we do want to keep track of how many users download updates and to try to ensure that most users are running the latest version- that's the reason for having a registration at all.

Ron

I ordered one of these and they really do fit perfectly side ways and only about 1/8" short vertically. Zagg makes a great product.

I've got two on order myself. Should arrive any day now...

I have been trying to update my cobalt this morning with the new firmware. I am not sure what is going on I let the updater run for quite some time with no results. I followed the solution posted on the atomic website and "force quit" the program re-downloaded the firmware and went through the process again. The updater has been runnig for 15 min now and still nothing I am afraid I have rendered my computer useless at this point and with two dives looming in a couple hours.... Any ideas? I am on a mac that is all up to date please help?!

Back
Top Bottom