Atomic Aquatics Cobalt Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am about to buy a cobalt, I just hope I'm making the right decision. Part of me wants a wrist mount, but I am pretty brand loyal to atomic; the gear I have from them is nothing short of perfect.

I am about to buy a cobalt, I just hope I'm making the right decision. Part of me wants a wrist mount, but I am pretty brand loyal to atomic; the gear I have from them is nothing short of perfect.
Many of us are waiting for the wrist mount. My Suunto D9 is fine for now, and RonR and Atomic will have all the kinks worked out for the wrist mount, at the expense of these consolers.:D

Jut to let everyone know, MacDive 2.0.5 is now live, and adds support for the Cobalt. See the "New Mac OS X Dive App" thread in this section, or macdive - home .

Wish I were at home to try it on my MAC - travel with a windows based system, MAC is at home.
Maybe you can try running it on your PC under "Virtual Mac" :D

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I did hear some encouraging news about the PC software, in that the developer seems to be back on the job, and with just a couple of details to clean up. This is just download software, not as full featured as MacDive when it comes to buddy lists, photos, etc. We're supporting open source drivers, so other programs should offer compatibility soon.

Yes you are right.

...and I was / am checking the spam folder regularly. Still nothing from Atomicaquatics.com. Ron helped. Scuba Toys helped. And even though I could not see it, I was told Atomic Aquatics was involved and ready to get more involved if needed. And so again, you are right.

I dived with the new Cobalt today. Two dives and the computer is still working (mostly). I have not been able to get the compass to show a heading other than east. More about that on the other Atomic thread.

Important note re. the MacDive update!
Please refrain from uploading dives into MacDive from the Cobalt until you have installed a firmware update, which we will have (along with the Mac program) on the Atomic site shortly. It could (if you have very long dives or a high sample rate) cause the Cobalt to lock up- a temporary but unpleasant experience.

Sorry for the crossed sequence- Nick is putting up a message that the Cobalt function requires a firmware update.

Ron

Back
Top Bottom