Atomic Aquatics Cobalt Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

John,

This certainly looks like you should have seen a safety stop alert, with the countdown timer appearing around 25' depth. I will run some tests tomorrow to approximate these profiles- if you have downloaded these dives would it be possible to send the files to us?

Thanks,

Ron

Hi Ron:

Certainly. I can send the dive files to you this evening after work. Shall I post them here or do you have an email address I should send them to?

Thanks !

John

During usual inspection of my Cobalt found that "down" button is no longer working :(
Have a trip planned for the beginning of July, will manage with "up" button for it, but afraid the whole keyboard will fail eventually, so would like it repaired.

What do I do about it?

During usual inspection of my Cobalt found that "down" button is no longer working :(
Have a trip planned for the beginning of July, will manage with "up" button for it, but afraid the whole keyboard will fail eventually, so would like it repaired.

What do I do about it?
I will send you instructions for checking the keypad via PM here. If it looks bad (likely) and you can tell the internal switch is working, that the magnet is going, then contact Atomic with your serial #. They can just send you a new keypad- it's very easy to change. New keypads have very good sealing and don't seem to develop this issue.

Ron

Do I need to replace the whole keypad or replace of the faulty magnet will do?

Do I need to replace the whole keypad or replace of the faulty magnet will do?
The keypad is an assembly. When the magnets have corroded, it's because the sealing has failed. You want to replace the whole keypad with a new one sealed from the factory- they have a better material now for keeping water away from the magnets.

Ron

Hm, in mine down-button magnet wasnt sealed at all, I just took it out of the button socket for cleaning.
The older sealant they used was clear, so it might not have been apparent. The magnets do need to be sealed. The material will rust if exposed to salt water.

Ron

Just for my knowledge - when we say "sealed", this means the entire keypad assembly or only magnets being coated by sealant to prevent corrosion?

Because my unit takes a lot of water inside front cover during dives and the only protection from magnets to be corroded is a coating which seems to fail sometimes. What do you think of taking magnets off, cleaning and re-coating with silicon or epox?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom