Atomic Aquatics Cobalt Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Until a proper case becomes available, I borrowed somebody's suggestion of using a zip-up bottle koozie. It cost $3.00 & fits perfectly !

John
quiock cobalt protector.jpg

Last edited:
At this year's DEMA I thought I saw a prototype of the Cobalt Case...it did not look too much different from the pics above.

At this year's DEMA I thought I saw a prototype of the Cobalt Case...it did not look too much different from the pics above.
It was a hinged, zippered hard case. It is apparently not yet available- was supposed to be this Spring.

Ron

Cobaltcase.jpg

Hello all...

New here... very first post.
Relatively new to diving...

anyway, my new atomic cobalt died during an attempt to upgrade firmware (I won't do that again).
Sent it to Atomic via FedEx on Apr 18th... call today, and they haven't had a chance to look at it yet.
Thus, I will not have it in time for my dive vacation (leaving May 4th).

I am wondering how long it has taken for others to receive the device back after shipping it in for repairs.
Also, does anyone of a place that rents these computers in the meantime?

Thanks

50+

Been lurking on this thread for a while, have had my Cobalt for about 2 years, working flawless after the first one was replaced due to broken connector.
Anyway, did the Version 1.41 update today, zero problems.
Also, like an idiot I have not had the screen protector on for the past 10 or 15 dives, some scratching happened ... phoned Atomic today, will send it in for screen replacement, they said somehere between $100-200, no problem.
Love the device and the new updates in Version 1.4: the ability to set a square and / or triangular bearing is awesome !!

Hello all...

New here... very first post.
Relatively new to diving...

anyway, my new atomic cobalt died during an attempt to upgrade firmware (I won't do that again).
Sent it to Atomic via FedEx on Apr 18th... call today, and they haven't had a chance to look at it yet.
Thus, I will not have it in time for my dive vacation (leaving May 4th).

I am wondering how long it has taken for others to receive the device back after shipping it in for repairs.
Also, does anyone of a place that rents these computers in the meantime?

Thanks

50+

What I have heard from customers is that if Atomic knows of a deadline, they will do everything possible to get gear to you in time to meet it. Spring is an extremely busy time for diving manufacturers, so ordinary service might be slower now.

Did you attempt the procedures to recover from a firmware update that failed? I'm curious because we seem to hear of very few updates having problems now. It's possible to bring the Cobalt back up from a failed update on your own, though in a worst case it might require removing and reinstalling the battery.

Ron

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom