Atomic Aquatics Cobalt Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I should have given you links, they aren't obvious. There is a web contact form here: Atomic Aquatics Phone is 888-270-8595 if you would prefer to call.

Adan handles a lot of the Cobalt issues, adan@atomicaquatics.com

I would talk through exactly what you are experiencing, they may be able to fix it for you without returning it, possibly by just replacing the keypad, which is very simple.

Ron
Thanks Ron

I just used my new Cobalt for 15 dives in Belize. Wahoo!! It's awesome. Simple to use, bright, great for navigating (even with the slight delay). I have uploaded my dives and see that it calcualtes RMV throughout the dive. Is there a way to find the average RMV for a dive or a series of dives?

I just used my new Cobalt for 15 dives in Belize. Wahoo!! It's awesome. Simple to use, bright, great for navigating (even with the slight delay). I have uploaded my dives and see that it calcualtes RMV throughout the dive. Is there a way to find the average RMV for a dive or a series of dives?

Glad you liked it, thanks!

Assuming you have a firmware version of 1.13, which you probably do if the Cobalt is new, you can see your RMV (in surface cubic foot / liters equivalent) for each dive in the dive log under gas use- it's the second figure after the slash- the log shows shows total gas consumed / RMV, in whatever units you have selected for display.

For a series of dives, the only way I can think of to see an average is to go to the simulator- in the "Set up Simulation" menu option, you can chose to base the gas consumption for a simulated dive on the average of the last 10 dives. It will then display that figure.

Ron

Thanks. Other than giving it a good rinse, is there anything special to do before putting my Cobalt away for many months?

Thanks. Other than giving it a good rinse, is there anything special to do before putting my Cobalt away for many months?
Charge the battery- fully charged it should last about six months, but perhaps plan on charging it every few, that will help the battery last. If it does go completely flat, bring it up with the A/C charger, not USB. Keep an eye out for firmware upgrades- I'm still hoping it will be posted to the Atomic site soon. Other than that, no.

Ron

It's been a while since I looked at buying this computer, but have been waiting for the wrist mounted version with wireless tank transmitter. Surely someone has to be working on that. Anyone have any idea when one might actually make it to market?

It's been a while since I looked at buying this computer, but have been waiting for the wrist mounted version with wireless tank transmitter. Surely someone has to be working on that. Anyone have any idea when one might actually make it to market?
Gary, We are definitely working on something like that, and much more. I can't say when it will be to market, except that it won't be real soon. Atomic is quite wary of announcing new products until they are actually certain of a delivery date.

Ron

Is there any news of the new firmware upgrade?

It's available at the Atomic Aquatics web site. I just loaded 1.41 on my unit with no problem. Tested the new features and all is working well.

Atomic Aquatics Cobalt Software

Pretty sweet that you can perform the update yourself!

Ron - The AA website lists the major updates in 1.41 and also says "In addition there are minor bug fixes and many updates." Are release notes available that describes all the changes?

Mark

It's available at the Atomic Aquatics web site. I just loaded 1.41 on my unit with no problem. Tested the new features and all is working well.

Atomic Aquatics Cobalt Software

Pretty sweet that you can perform the update yourself!

Ron - The AA website lists the major updates in 1.41 and also says "In addition there are minor bug fixes and many updates." Are release notes available that describes all the changes?

Mark
Yes, the update was posted last week. The list on the Atomic site is showing just the changes that would be clearly noticeable. But this update rolls up a year's worth of internal improvements as well. Here's a slightly expanded list including noticeable bug fixes.

• Modified the Divelog to improve the scaling of the profiles, so there is a less compressed view.
  • More accurate representation of dive time in Dive log profile. The two minute end of dive time is no longer being added in.
  • Implemented continuous scrolling in the Divelog Profile by holding the UP or DOWN button.
  • Added time of day display to the dive screen, alternating with temperature during dive.
  • Corrected an error concerning displaying 2/29 in a leap year.
  • Corrected an error where the year would not update after Dec. 31st.
  • Corrects a display error that would only appear on the last day of the year. This caused the surface interval to display incorrectly, but did not effect decompression calculations.
  • Changed the display such that for the last dive the surface time is the surface interval (the time between the previous dive and the last dive), as many users had requested.
  • Added French language.
  • Set the default settings for a new gas mix to be the same as are specified for the primary mix, rather than always defaulting to an 80 cf/ 12 l tank size.
  • Added two additional compass bearing choices: a triangular or a square course. The selection is made with a menu in the Set Bearing popup on the Dive Screen. The option of having only a 180° return bearing remains.

There are also a lot of minor bug fixes (the kind of things that occur in very unusual circumstances) and improvements to efficiency. Most of these wouldn't make any sense without knowing the underlying code and system structure or would take a lot of explanation, so they aren't in a list.

If you have a Mac running 10.6 or above, be sure to download the new Mac firmware tool. It's much spiffier than the old one, and works with Lion and Mountian Lion.

Ron

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom