Atomic Aquatic or TUSA Xpert Zoom, who has the best Split Fin?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BORG

Contributor
Reaction score
Tucker, Georgia, just northeast of Atlanta
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a pair of TUSA Xpert Zoom fins and I like them alot. I've heard from some who have tried the Atomic Aquatic "smoke on the water" split fin that there are even faster and easier to use than the TUSA's Xpert Zoom fins.
Any other views from those who have tried them both?

THANKS!

This is really OT, but I noticed you're looking into getting a drysuit in a different subforum.

From my limited experience, regular fins are too soft as well as split fins (scubapro ones at least) to be of any good, and too much waste of energy (drysuit is a lot of drag comparing to wetsuit when moving around). They simply lack power.

Perhaps just something to consider if you're looking into a second pair of fins...

Fins are like tennis shoes, it is going to depend on the person and their foot.

Notwithstanding evil_xander's point about the drysuit (you may consider paddle fins instead of splits), I prefer the Apollo Bio-Fin XT-C's. I very much feel they are the ultimate split fin. The Atomic is a close second, however. (Again, IMO)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom