Atom2 went in "Conditional violation" mode

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

usub

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi
At a dive yestersday my Atom2 showed a strange behavior.
After less than a minute in the dive at approx 2 meters depth I ascended back to the surface because my boddy had a small problem.
That caused the atom2 to go in Conditional Violation mode, but cleared the mode by itself the minutte after.
Later in the dive (after 21min) we got away from each other and surfaced to get toghether again. During my descend afterwards (to 4meter), the Atom whent into Conditional vialoation mode once more.

I can't see why it should go into violation mode on such a shallow dive.
Firmware version is "r3F"

Has any other Atom owners experienced similair behavior or perhaps Oceanic can comment ?

The dive details from oceanlog below
Water temp minimum 3 deg centigrade

OvenVande

Your depth sensor may be going out and last I heard they are on 3I of the firmware.

Yes, the sensor would be my guess as well. Or perhaps the firmware. Do you have any idea what the 3I version should improve ?

No I don't. 3g had a major bug in it and H I don't know why it was replace with I but I don't think software will fix a calibration or hardware problem. If it's in warranty send it back for service.

I called Oceanic PDC hotline and he explained that the newest firmware release, '3I' just adds a new feature. It stores the settings and logs when replacing the battery, even for an extended time. 3H must be a bug fix for 3G.

He couldn't really explain my problem with the computer going in violation mode, but suggested that I accidently had pressed top left button while in the surface or under the surface (not 100% sure what he meant). I actualy did have a slate mounted on my arm next to the computer and it might very well had pressed an odd compination on the left side buttons during the dive or in the surface. Perhaps an explanation. but we agreed that should get back to them if it happened again.

If you can download the dive and post the profile, but press the button is a poor excuse. Three of the buttons are designed for under water use and two of them are on the left side. Check out page 111 of the manual that how you hit violations. That of the depth sensor is malfunctioning.

Back
Top Bottom