Atom Function qns.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

uglyredshoes

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi, hope i can get some clarification on some of the comps functions here:

1) Is the tank pressure registered in the Atom (from the transmitter) similar to that as using a no frills hosed SPG? Or does it reflect a more conservative pressure.

(ie. When 20Barsetting in 'Ending Pressure Alarm' is made, the reflected tank pressure on the atom is always in excess of 20Bar)

2) When checking tank pressure on the Atom 1.0, if the time reflected in the same screen shows 30min:

-Does it mean that by the end of 30min (with no change in depth), i will be without Air or does it mean that by the end of 30min, i will have sufficient Air to surface safely if done so immediately within the rates and stops?

Thanks for looking!

uglyredshoes:
1) Is the tank pressure registered in the Atom (from the transmitter) similar to that as using a no frills hosed SPG? Or does it reflect a more conservative pressure.

Pressure is an accurate reading.

uglyredshoes:
(ie. When 20Barsetting in 'Ending Pressure Alarm' is made, the reflected tank pressure on the atom is always in excess of 20Bar)

Ending pressure setting defines the Air Time Remaining calculations to get you back to the surface with the setting. So if set for 20 BAR - the end alarm will trigger at a greater pressure, taking into account ascent, safety stop and and deco requirements.

uglyredshoes:
2) When checking tank pressure on the Atom 1.0, if the time reflected in the same screen shows 30min: -Does it mean that by the end of 30min (with no change in depth), i will be without Air or does it mean that by the end of 30min, i will have sufficient Air to surface safely if done so immediately within the rates and stops?

Air Time Remaining :)30 in your example) provides a real-time number similar to your no-deco limit; it is the amount of time that you may stay at the current depth (at current breathing rate), before making your ascent, safety stop, deco stop, etc. - getting you back on the surface with your ending pressure setting.

Hope this helps - please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Doug

Ending pressure setting defines the Air Time Remaining calculations to get you back to the surface with the setting. So if set for 20 BAR - the end alarm will trigger at a greater pressure, taking into account ascent, safety stop and and deco requirements.

Ok, so this function is purely an Alarm mode right? Which is triggered off such that if followed, i will arrive at the surface with 20Bar (accurate reading)?

And whatever tank pressure i get while diving or when checking at the surface, is always an accurate reading and not affected by any computer settings?

Air Time Remaining :)30 in your example) provides a real-time number similar to your no-deco limit; it is the amount of time that you may stay at the current depth (at current breathing rate), before making your ascent, safety stop, deco stop, etc. - getting you back on the surface with your ending pressure setting.

So in this case, i can remain safely until the 30min is up, and ascent safely arriving to the surface with 20Bar (end pressure setting)?

Back
Top Bottom