Atom 3.0

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jonesy22

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hear an awesome rumor that there is an Atom 3.0 coming out later this month... any details?! Hope it's true..

Hear an awesome rumor that there is an Atom 3.0 coming out later this month... any details?! Hope it's true..
I don't know about the release date .... but I finally saw the specs; we are integrating it into our scuba diving simulator and will start designing the online class soon

Alberto (aka eDiver)

Yeup....All of the Oceanic computers will have the dual algorithm built in. This will be one of the major improvements and really put them ahead of the competition! You will see all of them go thru this "upgrade" and get a new model number and probably a facelift :wink:

I'm trying to figure out if there's anything in the 3.0 I'd actually need, as a recreational diver. I prefer the aesthetics of the 2.0.

Okay, did a quick Google search - and judging from Oceanic's page here - the dual algorithm simply gives you a choice between a conservative vs. a liberal algorithm. In other words, one won't give you as much bottom time. While I figure some people would make use of that, I'm thinking the majority would simply put it on the 'most bottom time' setting & leave it there (as I probably would).

Anything else to recommend the newer generation dive computers coming out?

Richard.

I love my 2.0 and will not be getting the 3.0. I can live without the dual algorithm.

I've been diving with a Proplus.. Yeah, the first version (was made in 2000), and it is still working. I think the algorithm used on it was the modified Haldeanean, which is a less conservative table. Works swell with me, so not sure the benifit of have two algorithms to choose from.

Most of the present Oceanic models can be set to conservative already. I don't know what the addition of a second algorithm wll do for us. As is I use mine set normal for longest bottom time and have never had any issue which would make me think I'd need to use it set more conservative or need a more conservative model.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom