Atom 2.0 Transmitter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yowsurs

New
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Atom 2.0 PDC will link up to other transmitters (not Oceanic)? My friend has a the D9 Suunto, and I want to see if I can monitor his air by linking his Suunto transmitter to my Oceanic dive watch. Is this possible? Thanks.

Easy, short answer... NO :-(

They work on different technologies and frequencies. Oceanic uses serial numbers to pair PDC and transmitters together, whereas Suunto PDC's need to be "synchronised" before the dive. I am not sure whether Suunto PDC's have the 'buddy' feature, probably not possible due to the way they get paired.

You can however monitor transmitters from Aeris computers, and visa-versa.

Thanks Codie, glad I didn't waste anytime trying to do this. Good Divings to you!

No problem. Now you just need to spend some time convincing your 'buddies' to buy Oceanic or Aeris :D

On a side-note, as much as I love Oceanic gear (Excursion, Atom 2.0, and Delta 4 reg), if I had the money floating around, I probably would have gotten a D9 instead of the Atom 2.0 which is about half the price of the Suunto.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom