Atom 2.0 Download problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RickPeck

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
It used to work, and now it doesn't.

I have a new desktop computer and now I can't download. I have tried un-installing and re-installing both the software and the USB drivers. After the upgrade the first time I use the downloader it reports "handshaking" then "timeout" within 2-3 seconds. Any time after the first time it reports "Invalid product: Process terminated." and it also terminates the connection so the "PC" countdown stops and it goes back to the main time screen.

I'm going to try installing the software and USB driver on my work computer and see if it works there.

Any ideas for what is wrong?

Same thing at work computer. "Invalid product: Process terminated"

The computer is in its first year. Is this a warranty issue?

I spoke to Mark at Oceanic service this morning and he suggested replacing the battery. Apparently there is a threshhold where the battery reports good and will still support a dive but it doesn't like the extra load of USB communication. I will try the battery swap tonight and report success or failure with a new posting.

Thanks for the prompt response Doug.

Rick

Replacing the battery worked.

The battery still tested as good with the watches functional test but it wouldn't support USB transfer.

Thanks Mark, David and Doug.

Rick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom