Atom 2.0 dies prematurely

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alphonsis

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've had an atom that has gone through three batteries since I got it 7 months ago. The two that came with it, and a replacement one. This seems like a very fast rate of battery usage for me.

Also, I'm not sure if this is the normal mode for battery failure, but it'll look like it's fine, and the next time I go to check the time, the screen is blank. Shortly thereafter, in about the next day or two if I don't replace the battery, it starts beeping an alarm. Everything works normally when I replace the battery. I've just installed my fourth battery, and I'm a bit concerned. The last battery only lasted 6 days.

Thanks in advance.

I have the same computer I just got it and absolutely love it! Your problem is definately not par for the Atom, and I would think Oceanic will most likely help you out with your problem. Once fixed, you should enjoy the Atom, it really is a great computer!

Definitely not what the computer should be doing. Some units eat batteries though and should be upgraded or repaired, no doubt.

One piece of advice I got that has worked in the past when I had this issue was to use named brand batteries. Specifically Energizer and Duracell. Stay away from brands you would normally recognize for batteries.

Back
Top Bottom