Atom 1 battery problem/question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shontz

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My wife and I are on day one of a two week dive vacation in Jamaica and my Atom 1 appears to be having battery problesm. I replaced the battery before we left and this morning it showed low. I then replaced it with the spare I brought. Now after two dives it shows low. Unfortunately I was not able to find the CR2430 in a name brand and that may the problem. Does anyone know if you can use a CR2450 in the Atom 1? I have a spare one of those for my wife's VT3.

My apologies if this has been asked before but I couldn't find it.

Thanks for any insight.

I just wanted to post a follow-up to my orginal. I have returned from a great trip to Negril that consisted of 27 very nice dives and just a little drinking and eating. And since just prior to posting my message, someone hastily blasted Oceanic customer service, I wanted to recognize what most of us have to come to expect from Oceanic...

Doug and Oceanic saved my fanny. Almost immediately after my post to this forum (and a PM to Doug) Doug responded with a little more detail than he posted here and provided a fantastic solution. You can not imagine my appreciation when the hotel delivered my battery to me while I was at the dive shack just two days after making contact with Doug. That is record delivery time for Jamaica.

Failed substandard batteries would not have stopped my diving as SPG's and tables work perfectly fine without batteries however, Doug's and Oceanic Customer Service's help really made our diving vacation so much better.

Note to self... don't be cheap and buy the replacement battery kit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom