Atom 1.0 Battery Door

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RickPeck

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I have a "new to me" Atom that arrived with a dead battery. I followed the instructions and replaced the battery and O-ring with the one that was included with the PDC. The PDC fired up and it looks like everything is good except...

When I look at the battery door closely from the side of the watch it seems as if there is a .015 (aprox) gap between the bottom of the door and watch on the side of the door with the overhang. The clips have all engaged and I can feel the door fall into the detent, but it seems a little odd to me. When I press on the top of the door the gap closes up, but it springs back when I relieve the pressure. The gap is small, but I can definitely see one with my 50 year old eyes.

Could someone with a Atom 1 please look at the battery door and tell me if this is a designed gap or a problem?

Thanks,

Rick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom